Blocked dates

Euudoxia0
Level 2
Langley, Canada

Blocked dates

Hello!  I’m looking for help on my listing preferences. When someone books, I have my preferences automatically block the day before and the day after blocked for cleaning.  However I would like to remove that day from being blocked in one instance only.   I’ve gone into my calendar and tried to change the toggle to available but this doesn’t work.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Euudoxia0  If you are just trying to unblock by clicking on the date and unblocking, that won't work.

If you are wanting to do this to accommodate a specific reservation request, go into your availabilty settings and uncheck the prep time setting until you get the booking squared away, then turn it back on. 

If you use IB, you should also disable that until you turn the prep time back on, so no one can book dates where you still want the prep time.

Jeannie53
Level 2
Goldthwaite, TX

I would like to be able to block either before or after but not necessarily both. I have my spaces cleaned immediately after departure so don't need to block them before the next booked arrival.

@Jeannie53  Blocking either before or after is exactly the same thing as using the one day prep time, unless I am misunderstanding you.

You seem to be saying you have the space immediately cleaned right after a check-out, so you could take another booking for that same day? Then why would you need to block anything? 

The wording on the prep time setting is unnecessarily confusing. What setting one day prep time does is block one night only between bookings, not two. The one night after Booking A. doubles up as the one night before Booking B.