Blocked week was still booked

Kevin2023
Level 1
Johnston, RI

Blocked week was still booked

Hi All,

Hopeful someone could help.  I restricted July 3-July 10 to weekly bookings only and someone was able to book from July 2-July 5th.

was that user error?  My account still shows that July 3rd - 10th are 7 day booking only.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kevin2023 This is the madness of Airbnb. You didn't limit July 2 to 7 days so it was booked for a shorter time. At least thats the way I think it works!

Thanks for the feedback!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Call Airbnb this has happened to me at least 5 times. They will look into it and then cancel the guest @Kevin2023 

Thanks for the tip!  I will reach out and see what they say.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kevin2023 

If you create such a restriction please note it does not put a "wall" around the specific time period.

This is a common assumption hosts are making, thinking that specific time period is "isolated" from the surroundng dates.

If you do not want a booking starting  on 2 july booked into that time period, you need to create more restrictions. In most cases limiting check-in / check-out days wll do the job.

Thank you!  I will try that!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Kevin2023 In the future, after you create a rule and/or make changes to your calendar you should always go to your listings page as if you were a guest and test it. This way you can see if the calendar change is doing exactly what you want it to do. 

Thanks!!