Blocking User Feature appears to be gone

Answered!
Anthony608
Level 10
Silver Spring, MD

Blocking User Feature appears to be gone

In the past two months, I've had a small number of very shady reservation requests, mostly local accounts being elusive and cagey about why they wanted to book, often for one night, and asking things like be given the address of the house before booking, would they be alone, could they bring extra people, etc etc

In two cases, these were people who I had a very bad feeling about and wanted to stop them from continuously sending me messages or sending pre-approval requests which I would then decline.  I reported the users, but it appears there is no actual way to block them from contacting me again.  There used to be a very clearly marked "block user" feature after you reported someone, but it now appears to be gone.

So how can be block suspicious accounts? 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to call Airbnb and ask them to do it @Anthony608 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi @Anthony608 

Sorry to see you are facing a few challenges.

If you have reported them they may have been blocked or removed from using the website.

Do you have many details about them?

You should be able to see their photos from other reviews if they have used ABB before, if so take a copy of it and pass a copy to your local Police as perhaps they are known to them, either as individuals or associates and can have a word with them.

It may save another Host and neighbourhood having issues they to don't need.

Take Care

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to call Airbnb and ask them to do it @Anthony608 

@Helen3 @Anthony608 

OMG, you seriously have to call Airbnb now just to block someone? Smh.

After spending 15 mins tracking down their customer service phone number (because they take DAYS to respond to emails)... I am now on hold for at least 30 minutes. How much do you want to bet the phone rep will tell me they'll have to refer this to "a member of their team who can help me better?"

@Helen3 I've tried this very thing, but it didnt help. Airbnb Customer Support tells me that I have to do it, and they keep sending me outdated instructions that don't work. They don't seem to be aware of the fact that the Block User link has been removed

Lesley81
Level 2
Kerrville, TX

@Catherine-Powell, I have noticed the exact same thing that the above host is mentioning about the Block User feature being gone now. I have been trying to report this to Airbnb Customer Support for over 6 months now, but each representative I reach seems confused about it. Matter of fact, on multiple occasions, I have had these representatives send me instructions that are no longer valid on how to block a user. This past summer I had a guest that posed a very imminent threat to me and my home. I even had video footage of him blowing smoke into my security camera before entering my home uninvited. When I couldn't block him, I reached out to Airbnb Customer Support, and my case was assigned to someone named Jorge S who did nothing to help me and kept repeatedly sending my the instructions to block a user that dont work. I finally got a hold of a representative that seemed to care a little more, and I actually sent that representative screenshots of each step of the process to prove that the Block User functionality had been removed, but I noticed a few weeks ago, I am still unable to block users. For me personally, it scares me and is a huge safety risk to not have the ability to block users, so I've made the decision to block my guestrooms from being rented for awhile until this issue is hopefully resolved. I really hope you will look into this matter seriously. It is a real concern.