Blocking dates for check-in and check-out only

Blocking dates for check-in and check-out only

I was wondering if there is any chance to block certain dates for check-in (and/or check-out) only, meaning that guests may arrive any time outside the blocked dates, but may stay during the blocked dates. This would be particulary useful during periods of time when the host is not available for check-in, but the property can be used nonetheless. From similar discussions I conclude that there is no easy option to do so, other than disabling instant booking (which is discouraged) and review every booking and manually accept or decline it. Maybe something has changed since those discussions on this subject?

Thanks!

Tamara & Matthias

33 Replies 33
Jonathan968
Level 2
Nice, France

I cannot see any fix to this so i guess the frustration continues. 

James1013
Level 2
Australia

You can block Check-in and checkout days on a particular day by creating Rule-sets in Multi-calendar (or Calendar if you have 1 listing only)

1) Go to multi-calendar

2) vertically drag down across all listings you aiming at

3) Click into Rule-sets

4) Scroll down to Availability - Check-in and checkout days

5) Ticks the day of week(s) you need.

Thalia123
Level 1
Willemstad, Curaçao

Hi everyone, this was driving me crazy. But I think I figured it out.

the problem:

When setting 1 day prep time in the settings, airbnb will block 1 day before check-in date of booked guests, meaning other guests cannot book nor check-out on this date. Which is a bummer, cause you do have time to clean after a check-out to check a new guest in the next day. 

They also block the check-out date of a booked guest, which is fine, nothing to change here. (You need it blocked to clean) 

solution for now:

I realized direct after a booking you can go to the calendar and click on the date before check-in, you will see it is blocked because of prep time.

next, make it available and save.

then once again click on this date and block it manually. You can also add a note: check-out only. It works! Now this date is available for guests to choose as check-out date only. 

I played with these settings, went as traveler mode to see how they appear and it works!

Stella555
Level 2
Prague, Czechia

Actually, i have found the way to block check-in for certain days or range of dates. 

(This can be helpful to block guests from checking-in on the chosen dates, but still allow for longer trips to carry-on onto the dates so you won't loose  that week or preiod of time)

1. Enable Professional hosting tools --> so you can set rules for periods of time. 
  2. create a rule and block check-in option from (Monday  til Sunday, or the days of the week which you are not available to do check-in) 
  3. set that rule for the days of your choice. 

i hope this helps!