Bloody sheets and mattress cover and pillow cases and duvet covers

Answered!
Susan378
Level 3
Icking, Germany

Bloody sheets and mattress cover and pillow cases and duvet covers

Hello community, 

i just hosted a nice couple for the 3rd time, for a week this summer. They like to come every summer and we are happy to have them for the most part. Last summer when they left, my sheets were pretty stained with blood and I was not sure what else, but I was able to get the stains out. I said nothing because it’s just an uncomfortable thing to have to go there. 

I had learned durning this rental that the woman has pretty severe eczema and is covered in lesions. When they left this morning there was blood everywhere on my sheet. Everywhere Tried everything but this year could not get the sheet clean. More problematic is the blood on my duvet cover which I can’t bleach and pre-treatment has so far not worked. 

I’m a big dummy who does  not ask for a deposit. I cannot imagine a world where I would bleed on someone’s sheets because of a known skin problem and not mention it....or wear pajamas! Or bring my own sheet! 

I would  like to hear opinions on this. I had someone poop the bed last year and she gave me money to replace the sheet. Do I ask for some payment here? To replace duvet covers and a sheet will cost me more than my daily rent. Ugh. Help. Thank you. 

1 Best Answer

Hello @Susan378 

So sorry for this, you can the resolution center and request the money from the guest.

The Resolution Center lets you request or send money for things related to your Airbnb trip. To open a refund or payment request.

Asking for help from Airbnb

If you’re unable to reach an agreement, you can ask Airbnb to make the final decision 72 hours after the request was opened. To involve Airbnb:

1. Wait 72 hours after you open the request
  2. Go to www.airbnb.com/resolutions
  3. Select the correct reservation
  4. Click Involve Airbnb

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/767/what-is-the-resolution-center

Have a great summer and good luck, @Susan378 

Ramona 

View Best Answer in original post

31 Replies 31

@Linda-And-Greg0 What I do is, I write an honest review of the guest so future guests are aware. Airbnb's rating system is harsh and I don't want to get punished /kicked of the platform/buried on page 200 in the search field because of a revenge reviews.

Linda-And-Greg0
Level 3
Castro Valley, CA

I'm curious - if you have a cleanup that requires more of your normal turn-around time, and it impacts an upcoming guest, have any of you included a cost of lost business in your security deposit?