Booking.com provide more guests

Answered!
Per-and-Åsa0
Level 2
Ferragudo, Portugal

Booking.com provide more guests

I am a Superhost for three years in a row. Normally I am fully booked during the summer. This summer I have one booking. This in spite a 30% price cuts and running campaigns, flexible booking etc.  I made a quick listing at Booking.com and received 5 bookings within two weeks. Any other having the same experience? I noted that my listing had Zero views the last 30 days on Airbnb.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Per-and-Åsa0 how does your Airbnb price compare with your booking.com price

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Per-and-Åsa0 

I looked at your listing and there seems nothing to be wrong with it.

It is in the search system, it has available days to book and even special promotions activated:

Sometimes it helps if you promote your listing on social media, external websites, etc.

Upload a nice coverphoto on your homepage and use the link to homepage:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/61362192/listings

(or change ".com" to the local Airbnb website you use)

BTW 

Booking.com is a Dutch company !

They are heavily subsidized now by Dutch Governement due to Corona crisis:

https://nos.nl/artikel/2340260-klm-ns-en-booking-com-zijn-grootste-ontvangers-now-loonsteun.htm

(sorry, in dutch only..)

best regards,

Emiel

Emiel,

Thank you for your response. I have promoted it heavily on FB and have asked friends to like my listings. I have also a FB page, that resulted in one booking this summer.

Interesting that Booking.com received so heavy subsidiaries, but I do not see how government support to Booking.com should result in more bookings.

Best regards,

@Emiel1 

I think booking.com - (or bookingcancelled.com as I know it as) - was bought out by an American company  ( formerly Priceline now Booking Holdings) in 2005

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Per-and-Åsa0 how does your Airbnb price compare with your booking.com price

My price at Booking.com is 100 EUR higher per night compared to Airbnb.  

hi may i verify if 15% will be deducted per night as bookingcom commission? i mean base from your experience? did you get a lot of bookings from BDC platform?

Michelle2137
Level 4
New South Wales, Australia

Hi there, you have a beautiful place, and I just read your reviews but the 3rd one down comments on loud construction right next door. If I was looking for a stay I would skip your place unless I read your full description all the way to the bottom. I would accentuate that at least in the 2nd or 3rd paragraphs so people who are skimming thru your listing see it. I would say something like it is a peaceful and tranquil setting, a perfect spot for relaxation. (then maybe add the end of construction here). 

Just a suggestion. Good luck.