Booking got cancelled 3 days before trip

Bavneet0
Level 2
Hope Valley, Australia

Booking got cancelled 3 days before trip

My booking just got cancelled 3 days before my trip and currently am not able to find any houses in the Tokyo area, and the houses that are avalaible are way above my budget and nowhere near close to being in Tokyo as our previous 2 accomodations, to help things out more i got the email on a saturday which means i can't contact them and since i live in Australia the numbers they have avalaible don't work either. This is just hella stressfull and this is the second cancellation ive had for this one trip..

8 Replies 8
Ali40
Level 10
Crozet, VA

Do you have a question or are you just expressing your disappointment? 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Ask CS to help.

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

The authorities in Japan are clamping down on Airbnb lettings in a big way and most will have to go 'off air' at least temporarily while they apply for a licence. It's unlikely that CS will be able to help or that you will be able to find anything through Airbnb.  You may need to look at hotels.

Bavneet0
Level 2
Hope Valley, Australia

The first booking that got cancelled for me which was like a month and a half ago i found out about this information and how the hosts needed a licence. So i made sure the second booking i made had the licences needed for short term stay, the host had the licences and just randomly out of nowhere the reservation gets cancelled again 4 days before my trip. So yea not sure what to do

Same thing here in the u.s 

Sylvie517
Level 1
Ascot Corner, Canada

Hi, do you have any update from your situation? we are stuck in the same one but we are already in Japan and one of our airbnb has been cancelled and we cannot find any other one in our price range. even with the credit airbnb gave us, the prices are above 500$ per night in Tokyo and we cannot afford that at all.  they also don't want to give us the credit in cash only to use for airbnb so we cannot use it to rent an hotel... what did you do?

The situation with ABBs in Japan needing licences and the fact that it is really hard to actually get a license (not impossible but very close) has been a widely known concern. And based on my personal experience with ABB as a host, I would not expect ABB to pay guests for a hotel because a booking fell through last minute - ABB could however help to find an alternate listing that is available, and how much additional credit ABB provides would be under their own discretion so the guest may have to pay in addition if the price difference is significant.

ABB has it's own pros and cons if we compare to hotels and it is my opinion that in the end, it is really up to the individual traveller to consider the pros, cons, and risks before deciding what/where to book.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Bavneet0

Any chance of identifying yourself with a photo? this could go a long way to sustaining a booking.

Having lived in Japan briefly, I find it extraordinary that a Japanese host would do this.