Booking guest has re-rented to another guest!

Booking guest has re-rented to another guest!

Any help appreciated.

It appears that my guest who booked to stay at my apartment has re-rented it to another guest.

Can anyone advise on the rules for this please. 

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Damian261 3rd party bookings are not allowed. You can refuse entry to anyone except the booked guest.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Damian261 

You should refuse to admit the sub-lessor, or if they are in there already, remove them immediately.

They have no right to be there. They did not pay the host, they cannot be held responsible for damages, and they are, in effect, squatters.

I suppose that they will be very unhappy but they need to take their grievances to the person who illegally subleased to them.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Damian261  Everyone seems to be assuming you are talking about a regular (but against Airbnb TOS) third party booking, but I get the impression that you are aware that the person who showed up paid the booking guest to stay and that booker is making a profit off of subletting? If so, you need to report this to Airbnb- that the account holder has booked fraudulently and is turning around and subletting to others.

And you do not have to let the person who is there stay. They may be an innocent victim, or maybe not, but tell Airbnb this booking needs to be cancelled by them with no penalties to you.