Booking settings

Michael4926
Level 1
Queenstown, New Zealand

Booking settings

1. Hi,

Has anyone else raised the issue with Airbnb that hosts/home owners do not have full control of there booking setting? Cancelation policies, Cleaning fees, extra guests fees, discounts?

At the moment i have changed my cleaning fee and extra guest fees which I'm more than happy to do to attract and help everyone out at the moment but from what I've seen is guest are are booking later in the year and taking  advantage of this. As hosts we should be able to change this daily, weekly, monthly, yearly to suit seasonal settings. Also I've had people trying to book for the ski season (next 3-4 months) in Queenstown but would like to have a flexible cancelation option which id be more than happy to offer but also don't have full control of this. I see they have allowed a temporary flexible cancelation policy which you can select but it is only for a short period and governed by Airbnb.

Also to make things easier to set on your calendar page hosts should be able to select/highlight and override a period of time and then in the righthand side select what settings they would wish to apply, for example, Nightly price, minimum night stay, cleaning fee, extra guest fee, discounts, cancelation policies.

Any feed back would be much appreciated as i think this would help everyone involved Covid-19 or not, hosts, guests and Airbnb

Thanks

Michael 

1 Reply 1
Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

@Michael4926  Only mechanism available at present is to highlight a date range in your calendar and manually insert the prices for that period of time.  Can't alter cleaning costs, extra guest fees, cancellation policy or offer discounts (unless you have strict with 10% non-refundable option ticked).  Only way around this is to to state in your listing heading that you have discounts available for xyz time periods and to enquire before booking.  You can then send the guest a special offer.  Beautiful place, btw, I'm jealous now!   Looks like Aussie and Kiwi land are going to do a borderless exchange arrangement given we are both doing reasonably well, so you may well get quite a few bookings for the ski season.  Best of luck. And happy Anzac Day.