Booking was cancelled and neither host nor Airbnb are refunding me or telling me what happened

Veli0
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Booking was cancelled and neither host nor Airbnb are refunding me or telling me what happened

Basically the title. I made a booking a few days ago and sent payment. Then the booking was cancelled without informing me and now I'm in the dark as to what exactly happened.

My money hasn't been refunded and the booking wasn't for another two months; I am still WELL within the cut off date for cancelling reservations, and I'm not the one who cancelled it.

The host has been no help, replying simply "Contact Airbnb" and hasn't replied to any of my other messages.

Any idea how I can get either my reservation back or get a refund?

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Veli0  I am so sorry this is happening to you.  Cancellations are so disruptive to your trip planning and there are many unforeseen reasons for a host cancellation.  You should have more clarity about your refund so you can book other accommodations.  Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB.  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Hope you find another place to stay very soon.