Bookings as a guest

Aurelia19
Level 1
Zürich, Switzerland

Bookings as a guest

Hello

Thank you so much for this help site.

Am trying to book for the first time a room.

Clicked the "Book" button; where it said in small typing that I will not be charged anything yet.

Then it asked me to confirm the houserules.

Then I am asked to type a message to the host.

Then it asked me to confirm and pay.

It I hit that button is the room booked and payd?

Thank you very much. Auerlia

6 Replies 6
Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Next time do IB is easy remember safety first not all Host are bad and not all guest are bad to thank you for choosing Airbnb if anything just contact Airbnb they are a great help 

Hi Albert

Am from Switzerland.

What is IB?

My post was not about distrusting a host, it was about finding out how to inquire for a room without booking immediately? Because under the Book-Button it says that one is not charged yet by pressing that button. (but it happened to me)

You suggest to contact Airbnb. Is there a possibility to contact them by phone?

This may sound very anachronistic to you - but I find this asking questions over contact forms very insufficient and as in our case your interpreted my question as a lack of trust, where I am just totally new to the system and can not find my way around yet?

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

IB is instant booking and also cheack your email Host always gets back to you as will as Airbnb 

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Aurelia19. Have you received any confirmation email? And also check in your profile in the tab Trips - if it is booked, it should appear there.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Aurelia19, if you hit that final button, then, yes, you are booked and paid. If you want to ask questions of a host, even one with Instant Book, that is often quite wise, but it is not made particularly easy. Go to the listing page, and in the first section, under the summary and "Read more about the space" you will see "Contact host". Click on that and follow that prompts. You do have to choose dates for that, but it is merely an enquiry and not a request to book. 

Hope that helps with your actual question 🙂