Bookings from the States and quarantine issues

Answered!
Adam692
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Bookings from the States and quarantine issues

Just received an instant booking from a US national. i have written enquiring about the quarantine regulations , and that I expect that they will have fulfilled them. As we dont know if and when these regulations will be relaxed how can one check they have quarentined properly before they arrive for their holiday....

No advice from A,B&B or a reply from the Guest.

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When is the booking for @Adam692 . As you know if within lockdown you would need written evidence that he meets exception for travel I.e, coming for work that physically requires him to attend a location near you. 

if he's coming from the US is he staying for minimum stay for quarantine. 

Airbnb would not advise on this issue you should be getting your advice from government sites.

text the guest and ask him to reply to your messages on Airbnb

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Adam692 Many guests either do not update their home countries or have lived abroad for many years. Equally importantly as to where the guest is coming from is why is he coming to you. If it is near term and not for work then it would be illegal anyway to host.

I suggest you message/text him and say that if your questions are not answered satisfactorily you will be forced to cancel his booking.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When is the booking for @Adam692 . As you know if within lockdown you would need written evidence that he meets exception for travel I.e, coming for work that physically requires him to attend a location near you. 

if he's coming from the US is he staying for minimum stay for quarantine. 

Airbnb would not advise on this issue you should be getting your advice from government sites.

text the guest and ask him to reply to your messages on Airbnb

Adam692
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

miraculously the guest now has a UK CONTACT!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Give Airbnb a call.

what did the guest give as the reason for their stay?