Brand new host...1st guests arrive in 2 hours

Kate866
Level 2
Ocean Pines, MD

Brand new host...1st guests arrive in 2 hours

I have my place super clean and I'm ready -- but sure do have butterflies in my stomach.  I'm guessing this is normal?   Does that get better and better the longer you are a host?

8 Replies 8
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Kate866 of course it does 🙂 It is normal to be nervous whenever you start something new. I hope you have nothing but great guests! 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Totally normal. I expected to be murdered in my bed, or worse, marked down for cleanliness during my first stays.

So much worse . . .

Kate866
Level 2
Ocean Pines, MD

Glad to know it's normal !!!    Gordon-- how frighteningly funny... glad to know I'm not weird having those thoughts too : )   I mean...how crazy to invite total strangers to stay in your house and then go to bed giving them ability to do whatever -- but since you all have survived it and many others... we're giving it a shot too.   Praying for good guests!

Chris1996
Level 1
Loveland, CO

We are a month into hosting and have had 15 guests so far. We are still newbies in some ways, but it is already getting so much more normal and streamlined! I feel like after 3 or 4 I was feeling pretty good about the process. 

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Kate866  the butterflies in your stomach mean u care which is good when u start hosting.

And u will have that for the 1st few months into hosting.

My only advice don't take to much to heart guests complaint if it ever happened, always keep it professional.

And good luck 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kate866  One thing that can make you feel nervous is thinking that you have to be or act some particular way. It's normal, but just relax and be yourself and all will feel easier.

Kate866
Level 2
Ocean Pines, MD

Thank you all...your comments are super helpful and your encouragement blesses me!  Our first guests from Kenya are wonderful people....butterflies are gone for the moment:  )