Brand new host looking for tips

Maddie0
Level 1
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Brand new host looking for tips

Hi, 

I have just psoted a private room in my lovely cozy home to stay in. 

I would lik to see if anyone has tips or ideas on how they reached out so guest to show off their home. 

I have only been on airbnb for a week now but would love to get started and shae my home with friendly travelers. 

How long did it take people to get their first guest in? 

Did anyone post their accomadation on any other sites? 

Thank you for the help.

Regards

Maddie

3 Replies 3
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Go to Tips and Tricks forum and you will gain a lot of very useful information. Good luck hosting!
Regina0
Level 6
San Antonio, TX

@Maddie0 Hello, I have a private listing like you but I'm in Texas.  To answer some of your questions I think it took me a month before I got my 1st guest....and I was very nervous but it turned out to be a great experience.  I also have a listing on Wimdu, but I have not gotten any guests from that site.  All of my guest have been through Airbnb.  

I have a facebook page for my listing and sometimes promote through advertising it.  When I do advertise through FB, I get a lot more views on the Airbnb site and sometimes a confirmed reservation.   I wish you the best and have fun with it.

Lisa24
Level 2
Wildomar, CA

I am pretty new too.  I got a booking within days of putting up my listing and have been pretty much booked every weekend since then.  I think the thing that helped me out in the beginning is I listed for a lot cheaper than anyone else.  After I got a few listings and good reviews I then increased my price to what I wanted it to be in the first place. You kind of have to give it away in the beginning.  I also have my place listed on VRBO, Vacations.com, homeaway.com but I haven't gotten so much as a nibble.  Maybe I am doing something wrong on those sites.  Have not worked on those sites as much and also did not list with cheaper rates in the beginning.  Good luck.