Brand new to ‘Air B n B’

Answered!
Sarah2119
Level 1
Canterbury, United Kingdom

Brand new to ‘Air B n B’

Hi I put my property on yesterday. A complete novice. As yet I have had no ‘views’. Is this normal- or have I done some wrong?

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sarah2119  Your listings are set up incorrectly, very confusing, as Gordon said.

You need to remove the photo of the double bed room from the "4 bunk bed room" listing, and remove the "4 guests" from the double room listing, changing it to 2. And remove the photos of the bunk bed room from the double room ensuite listing. You can mention in each listing that you have another bedroom which sleeps XX number of people, that they also book if they have a party of 5 or 6.

Then you set up a third listing which encompasses both rooms booked together, shows photos of both bedrooms, and link the calendars so if one bedroom gets rented, the 2 bedroom option gets blocked.

There are too many photos of the same rooms. And you should caption each photo as to what it represents, rather than having the name of your listing under all of them.

I'd advise you to snooze your listings until you you get this set up correctly.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Welcome, @Sarah2119, to Airbnb (you might want to get with the lingo :-))

I've just had a look at your listing (so you'll have a view by now). I guess it's fair to say Canterbury, and your set-up, isn't going to set the world on fire (at least not very quickly) so it's a matter of waiting. That said, your 'Double bedroom with ensuite' listing is a little confusing. Says 2 bedrooms with six beds...yet the title (which is your one-second attention grabber/or not). There's not too much to be had from the photos either (and you've commited the 'loo seat up' crime!).

On the other listing (which includes the double bed from listing 1 (six beds) has some noce pics of kitchen etc., plus outdoors. But lose the pic of the 'yoof' sat there.

Sarah2119
Level 1

Brilliant- thank you. I’ll definitely lose the ‘yoof’!!!

strange though, my views still say ‘zero’

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sarah2119  Your listings are set up incorrectly, very confusing, as Gordon said.

You need to remove the photo of the double bed room from the "4 bunk bed room" listing, and remove the "4 guests" from the double room listing, changing it to 2. And remove the photos of the bunk bed room from the double room ensuite listing. You can mention in each listing that you have another bedroom which sleeps XX number of people, that they also book if they have a party of 5 or 6.

Then you set up a third listing which encompasses both rooms booked together, shows photos of both bedrooms, and link the calendars so if one bedroom gets rented, the 2 bedroom option gets blocked.

There are too many photos of the same rooms. And you should caption each photo as to what it represents, rather than having the name of your listing under all of them.

@Sarah977 wrote:

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Sarah2119   I would second Gordon and Sarah's observations in regards to how you listed your place.  That should get corrected first.  Secondly, I would suggest a complete  "overhaul" of the description;  it is boring and not very attention-grabbing.   Look at a few listings in your area and take note how other hosts describe their properties.  Also, I would invest in a professional photographer.  In the US, AIRBNB offers this service at reasonable cost.  You'll be surprised what a difference great pictures can make!  Best of luck to you!  🙂

Sarah2119
Level 1

I thought I had done something wrong- thanks to all for advice- work to do!!

@Sarah2119you got this!  Looking forward to seeing the updated version!  🙂

Rosalind35
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

HI ALL, Ive had my first bookings the day after I joined airbnb, however they have pre-booked a visitor for 28 days at a drastically reduced price that I can't accept. What do I do about this?

စ-တ-0
Level 1
Yangon, Myanmar

Yehtut