Breakfast

Vicki61
Level 2
Yorba Linda, CA

Breakfast

Hi, I'm a new host with my first reservation.  I just noticed that it was checked that I will provide breakfast.  It seems that I had just said that I would provide coffee, tea, juice, etc.  I want to make sure my guests understand that I will not be cooking.  I can't find where breakfast is defined.  I also can't find where I can start a new message with my guests. 

21 Replies 21

I am new to airbnb and would like some advise on providing a light breakfast to my guests.

I recently bought 8 mini packs of cereal to offer my guests at $6.40. Is this considered the "cheaper option".

Both Coles and Woolworths don't sell little satchels of  coffee, sugar, butter. Where do i buy these?

Does anyone use Tupperware containers to serve up to guests and then refill the contents later? Is this hygenic?

Francesca18
Level 3
Brighton, United Kingdom

Yes i do use tuperware think its good keeps the alpen air tight. I used a glass jar before but unfortunatley guest cut hand and dropped it a and e not a good idea. 

Willow7
Level 2
Tamborine Mountain, Australia

I have the same questions friend! We went to Cambells Cash and Carry but you need an ABN. We bought mini butters, jam, peanut butter,  and honey. I put bread in the fridge and mini cereals in the cupboard. We have mini long life milk and soy milk too.  Lots of teas and pod cofee. I would like to offer more but i wonder about hygiene and cost? I'm happy to supply eggs, muffins, mini yogurts, pancake mix, oatmeal, gluten free cerals etc but I'm not sure about hygiene as I would need to place some of these into tuperware.  I'd love to know what ids appropriate??

Francesca18
Level 3
Brighton, United Kingdom

I would say actually don't supply it in tuperware the guests don't sem to know what it is (inside) and therefore don't tend to eat it I find. Even if you stuck a label on it it would be suspect I think. so stick to serving stuff in the large packets or small. I personally hate small packets of cereal sugary stuff...(sorry) I bought some for guests but they did not seem crazy about it either. Mini butter is a defo good idea saves all that cutting up butter into parts and covering it etc. I don't drink long life milk but would drink soy but prefer fresh milk...and that is what I supply. I supply plain yoghurt and honey. and fresh fruit always as a minimum. Eggs became problematic people expected me to cook breakfast and if I put raw eggs out they would envitably break them thinking they were cooked so  you need to say raw eggs but chinese don;t understand and often can't cook either. Now I put a note saying if they want a cooked breakfast to let me know on booking and i charge extra for it and if they want eggs they must be boiled only..but inevitably you find people who don;t know how to make scrambled egg dripping eggs and shells everywhere and trying to fry them etc. another lady complained that the egg I put in the fridge fell on the floor and broke..

Breakfast earnt me lots of superhost points when I first started..but I lost some for my greeting which could be a bit I ve just cleaned the  whole house and sweating buckets ...and I have another job to do too and I am stressed....in approach..I ve got that going better now with tea and welcome biscuits. But I have more or less done away with breakfast now...because its a l o t of faff great for new hosts who are in enthusiasm stage but I find not particularly necessary..now I say help self to fruit milk tea and coffee and ask if they prefer bread and jam or cereal and milk and put either or out. People seem happy as I say if they want britisih breakfast I charge for it and it  must be booked in advance. Hope this helps. Coffee pods are great and will be appreciated. Flower in the room just a rose makes a difference as does a treat like a nut bar...hot water bottle , bottled water or jug of water..etc., and brochures of course. 

Francesca18
Level 3
Brighton, United Kingdom

and a map.

wifi details of course..

clearly written...

I ve been doing this for 8 years since it was crashpadder before airbnb bought crashpadder. I need a medal. I have not really had a summer for this long either...each weekend is hosting.

Another point hairs whisker, long hair, short hair or any kind of hair.  never let a hair be found on the bathroom floor in the bed or anywhere its something people look for. 

Roisin1
Level 2
Merizo, Guam

where can I alter the box tick for breakfast provided to Breakfast not provided. I've been with Airbnb for years but this breakie button is hard to find!

@Roisin1, go to Listings and scroll down to Amenities. Click on Edit. Below the first section is "Additional". Click on Edit again. Scroll down until you find "Special amenities". There you can tick Breakfast. 

Interesting that breakfast is "special" and so hard to find. It must not be so important as it was at the beginning.