Breaking house rules

Answered!
Kezneth0
Level 3
Bradford, United Kingdom

Breaking house rules

Hello!!

Iam new to hosting and I have my first guest who has already broken the rules. First she turned up a day early and said she made a mistake on bookung the airbnb to coincide with her flights. I amended her check in/check out dates. I have listed the whole house which sleeps 6 with 3 bedrooms. on booking she indicated that she is booking for her +4adults which was fine. But she turned up with 4adults and 4 children and said some of the people are not staying they are relatives who came to pick her from the airport and they are going.

I have indicated in my listing that the guest cannot bring visitors to the house. 

Please help, 

1 Best Answer
Kezneth0
Level 3
Bradford, United Kingdom

Your article has helped me to understand a lot about the house rules. Thank you. I was one of those people who assume that guests have the same understanding on things as I do.

View Best Answer in original post

35 Replies 35

Well said, @Paul453.  I subscribe to the original idea of Air BNB - shared housing.  I realize many people are using the platform differently, I like to support hosts who support the shared housing values.  An important part of that value is the respect of the guest toward the host and the respect of the host toward the guest.  Thank you for your thoughts.

Airbnb just changed the cancellation policy for non-instant bookings, so the host has to pay fines for each cancellation and possibly lose their listing if a host cancels more than three bookings. They want hosts to use instant booking and have left the cancellation policy excellent for that. If instant book guests violate your house rules you can cancel them without penalty. So even if a "newbie" host - I hate that term since it sounds condescending - it is best to turn on instant book.

Yurlin0
Level 2
Miami, FL

Some people broked my top toilet but doesnt pay  and other people broked  nightstand and doesnt pay too

Please help me

Have you made claims through Air BNB and it was determined that they did not break the items?  This is a host forum so all we can do is suggest how you can be sure to have a good claim, but we do not have authority to get you paid.

MariaTeresa6
Level 2
Ericeira, Portugal

Hi!

I have a problem and I'm not sure how to proceed:

I have 4 guests at our holiday home and they wrote me asking if I could get them a grill for the terrace. I told them I could not because they are not allowed to grill there. This is a policy of the building and I asked them to plese respect it. Today I got complaints from neighbors and the receptionist because of their grill. Can I do something about it? It's the first time I have a bad experience with guests.

@MariaTeresa6   Call AirBnB and ask that they remove the guests immediately they are voilating both your rules and the builds with a safety issue. You'll have to refund the unused days, but get these guests out. They clearly are doing anything they want and you are going to get into deep trouble with your building because they obviously are not going to listen to you. Explain to AirBnB you told them no because of the buildings rules and it being a fire hazard making it an eextreme safety issue. Do not let them talk you into allowing them to stay. I am sure your building would back you up on their removal. These are entitled guests who need to be gone. Money be damned. Can you go to the unit? It would be best to be there when they are told to leave and the reservation cancelled. 

AirBnB Portugal +351 30 880 3888