Bug - Airbnb Linked Calendars: Blocking parent calendar due to child availability windows

Rick3713
Level 2
Austin, TX

Bug - Airbnb Linked Calendars: Blocking parent calendar due to child availability windows

I have two hotels that are rented as entire units or individual rooms. I am trying to use Airbnb's linked calendar features. I make the entire hotel available for a year in advance with the Availability window and set the rooms to 90 days of availability. I then add all of the rooms as child listings to the hotel. On this page, Airbnb states "Confirmed reservations will block dates on all connected calendars." The bug is that since the child listings (rooms) are technically blocked after the Availability window runs out, the linked calendar settings are blocking the parent listing (entire hotel) is also blocked. Obviously, this defeates the entire purpose.

I called CS, but it is a waste of time. I just have one more open ticket they cannot resolve. They promise they will find a solution and call me back but never do.

Does anyone know of a person or company that provides paid support for this platform? All of my issues surround calendars, availability, and Linked Airbnb Calendars.

Thanks for your time,

Rick Culleton

Rick Culleton
1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Rick3713 

I guess when you manually make dates available after the availibilty window period on the child listing, the dates will also show up as available in the parent calender ? Then it seems the system does not distinguish between reservations or otherwise blocked dates. Maybe you expect to much of it. Bugs can be reported here:  Airbnb Feedback