Bug / glitch: Any editing or changes of my listing are reset after a few hours

Bahman2
Level 2
Alicante, Spain

Bug / glitch: Any editing or changes of my listing are reset after a few hours

Hi I have a very strange issue since weeks (basically since my listing was set up):

When editing anything on my listing (e.g. the title, deleting or rearranging the photos, adding amenities) and saving the changes, after a few hours or half a day all the changes are reset as if I never had made them. 

In my activities feed (which I can find under "listing > co-host > activities") I can see the activity that after I made the changes, a few hours later some activities have been done aparently by "me" and that's the time everything switches back again.

I also receive emails with any editing being done on my listing and I see in that case that changes have been done with the info "updated by unknown OS, unknown browser". While the other changes which were really done by me have the correct OS and browser shown. 

I already changed passwords, I have no co-hosts and the security & trust team of airbnb confirmed that there is no security breach (although it would anyway be strange if someone would just hack in to reset everything to before). 

Anyway, airbnb phone and email support seem to not be able to help me as they keep passing me from one "department" to the other. 

I have tried clearing cache, changing computer and browser, making only small or bigger changes to the listing. But nothing helped. Any type of changes I make keep being resetted after a couple of hours (sometimes minutes) and in the activity feed I see those strange activities which were definetely not done by me.

I assume it's a bug / glitch in the airbnb system - I've ruled out any other reason for this. 

Any advise on how to fix this, or how to get proper airbnb tech support looking into this highly appreciated 🙂

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Bahman2 ,

I looked at your 2 listings and they both seem to be about the same accomodation. One of the listing clearly states it is owned by a person named Borjas and there are three co-hosts: You, Julio and Miguel

The other one states it is owned by you.

Something is mixed up here. And your story is not right, stating there are no co-hosts.

Maybe check both listings and make the right changes, probably by deactivating 1 of them.

It is suprising me Airbnb CS could not see this situation and help you out.

best regards, Emiel

Hello @Emiel1, thanks for the reply. 

Ok then a bit more context:

I do have a property manager (It's Julio, Borja and Miguel). I'm the owner of the property / listing. 

They work with the property management software rentals united and since my listing didn't connect properly and kept having these glitches, they needed to create the same listing but under their own name in order to just synch the calendars. It's a temporary solution until we fix this issue with my listing, or in the end if we cannot fix it I will need to completely delete it and we will use the listing under Borja's name.

Anyway, we had deleted all co-hosts and all synchronization from my listing for about 1-2 weeks just to rule out that it has anything to do with co-hosts or synchronization. The glitch keeps appearing. I keep changing something (e.g. title, image order etc.) and latest half a day later, everything is reset to what it was before.

Hope this helps clarify?

After many messages with airbnb service they basically are telling me that they dont know how to fix the bug ... very disappointing:

"Hello Bahman, I have once again consulted with the technical department as well as with my supervisor, but we can not help you otherwise so far unfortunately. The only thing we can say is that you have to try again and again. [...] We know that this is not the solution you desire and that we would like to give you as such an excellent host. For all the inconvenience, we apologize to the Airbnb team."