Bug in airbnb app: host fault?

Vinicius76
Level 1
Lisbon, Portugal

Bug in airbnb app: host fault?

Hi,

A guest arrived in my room. There was an information wrong in the listing (windows, when there is no one). The guest is upset and want 50% refund. I agreed with him. I tried to update the information, and as the screenhost shows (link in the end), a bug in the Airbnb app didn't allow the update (you save, it appears to confirm -- no error or alert). I remembered that I did update tries in the past, including when the listing was created, so clearly, the problem persists (and the guest is now frustrated) because of a bug in the app of airbnb.

It's nothing new for the community of hosts here that sometimes the fields are not updated after clicking save, right?

I told 2 support people, 1 case manager. 1 day talking with them, chats and more than 3 calls. Explained full story patiently each time. Asked for technical team to see the logs, to produce more evidences about my brief.

The final answer is? It's not Airbnb fault. I did need to use computer instead of mobile app.

Now I need to choose pay the guest(s) or receive a bad rating.

And there is more, a lot of guests arriving are expecting the listing in a different way.

So I will probably need to refund 50% of all.

Can you believe it?! The airbnb support team words:

"Based on the information provided, I have decided that we can not offer compensation because when the listing was duplicated, that was the information submitted as the description at the time of creation. When you duplicate a listing, it also allows you to change the description before officially posting the listing to our platform. Another reason being is that chrome, as well as other browsers on desktop/laptop will allow you to edit the description, and this could've been worked around. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. However, once again, we can not offer compensation to your Guest due to the reasoning explained above."

Would be respectful on the part of airbnb, in this case, offer a coupon for 50% off to guests. But no, they decided that the host, of more than 6 years in the platform and with almost 20 rooms generating profit for them, need to be the harmed one.

I'm considering to leave the platform after such disrespect.

I'm a small business owner who rents and sublets, so 50% refund on all month's reservations of a room it'is very difficult to handle.

---

Screenshots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DKpePP1JQBlpKegiDMsG_9shKn-LClut

1 Reply 1
Vinicius76
Level 1
Lisbon, Portugal

The right link for all screenshots is this one: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1--Fa76pxNCLX6jOx_aQGehzvFZZFyiSy

You can see me trying to update and the text not changing. And no error. The clock and the button save pressed proves.