COVID-19 Full Refund

Lisa1051
Level 1
Breckenridge, CO

COVID-19 Full Refund

Why does ABB keep over $500 when a guest cancels. But others is only keeps $200. This is crazy for times like these. Especially when the guest are law enforcement and if they leave they are out of work for 2 weeks after returning. I would like to give them full refund but not allowed through ABB.  ABB is saying its not in the time frame. I think that response is a little crazy due to the circumstance right now. Please someone explain this to me. I have had more then one guest say they will never use ABB again because of this. VRBO is offering refunds and not strict like this. 

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lisa1051  Airbnb is fully refunding some bookings and not others, depending on the time frame (although it seems to be not particularly consistent). But a host always has the ability to refund a guest whatever they choose, through the "send money" in the Resolution center. The only thing is, you want to make sure you actually get paid what the guest didn't get refunded before sending any further refund, in case they overturn the original decision and then you find the guest did get a 100% refund. I would just keep in contact with the guests and let them know you are totally willing to refund 100% and are working on how to accomplish that, so they aren't directing their anger at you.