Calendar -- If it ain't broke, don't fix it

KandT0
Level 10
Tokyo, Japan

Calendar -- If it ain't broke, don't fix it

The calendar got bigger. It fills the screen more than before, and now you can scroll down to future months.

I was happy with the smaller size. I was also satisfied with selecting the month I wanted to see from the dropdown menu, or the back/forward buttons.

I'm not happy that all the notes I entered on guests' reservations have disappeared on the new calendar.

I'm also not happy that I can no longer enter such notes or refer back to previous months.

How is it helpful to me that I can no longer un-select a reservation after I click on it?

Does anyone over there do any thinking at all before implementing such changes?

A change for the sake of change. That's all it is. It is not an improvement.

9 Replies 9

@KandT0 the calendar looks the same for me.

Can you provide a screen shot of what you are seeing?

The image I'm linking to shows the only note I have left anywhere on our calendar. I believe that one survived the change only because the day was blocked.

My calendar also looks the same as always, but I have stumbled at times on the inability to make/leave notes, but then mysteriously it went back to 'normal'.

KandT0
Level 10
Tokyo, Japan

Never had an issue with notes before, @Fred13, but Airbnb support is looking into what's happened with the calendar, so there's always a chance of a happy ending, I suppose.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @KandT0,

Good to hear that our support team are looking into this for you. Hopefully they can find out why this is working like this for you. When you deceive an information it would be great to hear an update about this from you. 

Hopefully it won't be long. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Well, @Lizzie, I discovered it is possible to add a note to days blocked on the calendar.

Where is the sense in that?

Whoever made these changes to the calendar has done shoddy, unprofessional work. The changes should not have been implemented before they were properly designed and tested. They make something worse tha it was before, and are now likely slapping themselves on the back for it.

However, the support people, such as they are, are telling me that's just the way it is -- and I am being directed to the feedback link. I already posted there, but I expect I could think of a few more words to express my views appropriately.

I wont be holding my breath for any changes for the better.

I also agree with K&T..the new calendar only has removed valuable features and replaced it with less valuable ones.  Do not understand... Please fix.

Absolutely, @Robby11, I don't see any improvements. These are changes for the sake of change, and the calendar is worse, not better.

Here's a prime example of how it was very useful to be able to add notes to guests' reservation slots on the calendar. Just minutes ago one of our guests, a group of four, asked if he could extend a one-night stay to two days for only two members of the group.

It's done...but now I have to refer back to the message thread to find a useful reference to that change, write it down on paper and pin it on the wall, or commit it to my own computer-like (NOT) memory. It should be on the calendar.

I had a lot of notes like that on our calendar until we were surprised by this "upgrade", and then they were all wiped out overnight.

Robby11
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Yes.  Luckily for me no majorly important notes were lost.

However, and I say this so Airbnb can undersatnd users expereince, my main use for the notes are to put down when I have scheduled an email to go out to a guest.  I prefer to send my check in emails about 2 weeks before arrival, so if a guest books very far in advance, I schedule an email ahead of time to automatically go out 2 weeks before arrival.  I notate this on the calender to make sure all future guests are queed up to receive the important email with all instructions.

The new calender allows notes, but not on days that are booked, so the notes are now useless for me.