Calendar Settings help

Matthew1340
Level 2
Kingston, NY

Calendar Settings help

hello, airbnb community

trying to figure this out and could use some help. 

I have a great cleaner that is available only on Fridays. I'm wanting to set the calendar so guests must stay 3 nights minimum but when they do checkout  it will allow for the cleaner to get in there and clean for the next guest. Will blocking check in on Tuesday- Thursday accomplish this? 

Thanks in advance 
–My Brain Hurts, NY 

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Matthew1340 

It depends also on your max. stay setting.

You can also consider to set friday as a no-checkout / no-checkin day.

Hi @Emiel1 

Thank you for this suggestion. I’m going to have to think this through some

more.

Ultimately i want guests to check in on Friday and stay as long as they want to but i think what you are suggesting here is to set a stay limit and work with the guests on a case by case basis to extend stays. That could work!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Matthew1340 I think the best way to do this is to allow bookings just to happen and then block the calendar so that no other guest can check in before your cleaner can get in to clean.

Matthew1340
Level 2
Kingston, NY

Hello @Mike-And-Jane0 

thanks for this suggestion!

What I’m going to try is, to restrict check-ins to Friday only w a 3 day minimum and 7 day max stay. Further length stays would need a review. 

I’ll come back and post here to update the discussion. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Matthew1340 Your idea will obviously work BUT you will lose out on a Monday-Friday booking for people coming to work and a Saturday - Monday booking for those wanting a weekend away avoiding the Friday night traffic.

@Mike-And-Jane0 

i see your point.