Calendar Settings

Answered!
Ross81
Level 1
United Kingdom

Calendar Settings

Hi,

In high season I only allow check-in on Saturdays but I have set dates in low season when I allow check-in on any day.  I edited the Additional Requirements options in the Trip Length section under Availability.

When you view my listing calendar, this additional check-in information does not show and the calendar only allows Saturday check-in all year.

How do I get the calendar to show that there is any day check-in during low season?

Thanks

Ross

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Ross81 

All I can think is do it the other way round.

I have 3n minimum all year, any day check in and in "additional requirements" I've set high season to 7n minimum and Sat checkin and it works

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Jeff158
Level 10

Hi @Ross81 

All I can think is do it the other way round.

I have 3n minimum all year, any day check in and in "additional requirements" I've set high season to 7n minimum and Sat checkin and it works

Hi Jeff,

Genius!  I've done what you said and yes it works.  Thank you.

You can see I'm new to this AirBnB thing.  Hope you can answer my next one.  I want to price 3 days at a different price than the day rate for 7 days.  It's beyond me.

Any ideas??????

Jeff158
Level 10

@Ross81 That one's not possible, only way to get more money for 3 nights is to add a cleaning fee

i.e. Reduce nightly rate by £5 and add a £35 cleaning fee:

7 day booking = same price as before

6 day booking = £5   increase in price

5 day booking = £10        "            "

4 day booking = £15        "            "

3 day booking = £20        "            "

Great, thanks.  I'll give it a shot

Just thinking, maybe another way is to decide what you want for your 3 day min stay and work out your nightly rate on this.  You could then offer a discount for 7 days which makes your weekly rate correct.

I've done this as well, but then the calendar looks like it's all booked except for Saturdays, so for people who aren't used to airbnb, they think there is no avaiability.  It does show there is if they click on the checkin day though, and suddenly see that they have a week avaialable.  Is there a way around that?

Hi

That's exactly the same problem I'm having. Tried to report to Air BnB and they are just not interested. I'm convinced that I'm losing bookings because of it.

Hello

Same problem here. During high season I only want people to book week reservations from friday to friday, or multiple week reservations. Apparently this is not possible? I can only set a minimum amount of nights for a certain period of time... But than these person can also book f.e. 10 nights in a row instead of 7 or a multiple of 7. When I put a fix day on the check in day, f.e. Friday, than it's all messed up because you loose days in between when people book 10 days f.e. 

This is very anoying and impossible to make a decent structure of bookings in the high reservation demand of the high season here..

I also gave feedback to ask if they can make it possible to do like this.

Do you think there is a work around for what I need?

Lisa1572
Level 1
Braunton, United Kingdom

Hi Bart,

I am experiencing the same problem as you are, it is very frustrating. It seems such a simple thing,  I cant understand why it's so difficult! Have you had any luck with a work around? 

I have asked Air BB for help but they just tell me it's the limitation currently. This is not acceptable in my view.

Jeff158
Level 10

@Lisa1572  @Bart54 Its now possible to do this using the professional hosting tools, You'll have to switch them on by going to your "Account settings" and click on "settings" then choose to use "professional hosting tools".

Now go to your calendar and create a new rule-set for the dates required, with check in and check out day as Friday, guests can now only book 7/14 or 21 day stays

Untitled3.jpgUntitled4.jpg

I completely agree with @Mark778 ; this is a big issue that Airbnb needs to correct.

In the summer season, I have check-in and check-out only on Saturdays (rule in professional version of the calendar saying that check-in and check-out on sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday is not allowed). This means that Sunday to Friday is marked as booked (gray with lines on) in the calendar, even though these days are not booked. Days are only opened when the guest selects Saturdays for check-in and check-out. This causes many guests to misunderstand as they think the days in the calendar are booked, even if they are available. This is therefore very negative because I lose potential bookings. Airbnb must change the view from Sunday to Friday from "gray with lines on" (booked) to for example "GREEN with lines on". This is important for potential guests to understand that the days are available, even though check-in and check-out is not possible on these days.

20181209_Airbnb_3.jpg

I agree 100 % !!! I rarely get Airbnb bookings in the Summer when I'm Sat to Sat only. I'm 100% booked solid during that period and I think it is that new or unfamilar Guests just think that Sat is open.