Calendar & Pricing Error

Sunny20
Level 1
Sint Maarten

Calendar & Pricing Error

This is my 3rd attempt, no expert seems to solve my problem and it goes to the company, the problem is that the airbnb help says oh the expert solved your problem...which isnt true!

Here is my issue

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14040580

My condo is priced at $175 a night, if someone books over 28 days the price goes down to aprox $7 a night

No i dont have any special deals for long term and all monthly rates are clear, only setting i have is 5% discount on monthly bookings.. please help, if it doesnt fix, i am going to stop listing with airbnb. makes no sense, no support!

10 Replies 10
Debi1
Level 10
Portland, OR

I don't have a solution for you, it sounds like a bug in the computer code and you will need a computer guru to fix it.  If I were in your shoes, I would protect myself by setting my maximum number of nights available at 28.  That way the Airbnb algorithm won't be able to offer such a huge reduction.  Then I would continue to have Airbnb work on it.  It's possible you may have to resort to closing the whole listing down and starting all over again.   That's a drastic solution and one that I would do my best to avoid.  Sorry I can't offer more help!

Thank you for the tip, it works but a temproary fix, if you can escalate my issue to the airbnb company experts, that would be great.

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

You are absolutely right. That is one whopper of a bug. I would make 27 nights your maximum ASAP!

Thank you for the tip, it works but a temproary fix, if you can escalate my issue to the airbnb company experts, that would be great.

Lin8
Level 1
Norwich, GB

Can anyone advise please?  I have only just listed my Farmhouse on Airbnb at £75 per night per room.  I have just had a booking for 10 people for 3 nights and the site has only charged £75 x 3 nights instead of £75 x 5 rooms.  I cannot seem to alter this as the pricing section only asks for a price per night not per room.  Thanks Lin

Hi Lin

I have the same priblem with the pricing. I have set up the price per person per night and when I have an enquiry from bigger groups , the price that appears on airbnb is much lower than the real price.

Did you find a solution

Fiona4
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I have a similar problem - my listed price is 40 USD per night, but a month booking is being requested and the rate offered to guests is total 499USD, so less thatn 15 USD per night! 

we have the same problem as you Lin - we have a chalet in Bansko with 8 rooms and we can set a price per night for 1 room but if we get 15 guests enquiring for say 7 nights the price comes up at 1 room x 7 nights - if anyone can help us set the realistic pricing it would save us time explaining to enquiries and also save enquirers thinking they are getting such an amazing deal! cheers Martin

I have the same problem ! PLEASE HELP !!!!

Jools0
Level 2
Sheringham, United Kingdom

My apartment is priced between £59 and £95 per night.  To improve my understanding of airbnb I put in a request for a given weekI. The dates were correct, the price came up at a whopping £4654!!! While I would be delighted to receive that amount for a singleweek, it is clearly a big mistake and very likely to put guests off booking.  In the meantime I have recieved 2 and 3 night bookings at the correct price.  Any ideas on how to correct this error would be appreciated please.  Thanks. 🙂