Calendar blocked due to England Lockdown.

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

Calendar blocked due to England Lockdown.

Hi All

Anyone living in Northern Ireland, Wales or Scotland is used to the fact that many people consider the UK as England. We sigh and shrug it off.

However it is now affecting my livelihood. Northern Ireland can reopen holiday accommodation in June but Airbnb has blocked our calendars right through to July ( at the earliest) as England has imposed restrictions until then, and may extend that longer. I have contacted Airbnb but to no avail.

If anyone from NI reads this, can you put pressure on them as well.

Thanks 

8 Replies 8
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Lizzie @Stephanie @Nick @Aisling @Liv @Quincy 

- Can you help here?

(And also remembering late in the day, that we English hosts can still legally host workers, not holidaymakers, yet the calendar blocking prevents us from doing so!)

Sandra4109
Level 1
United Kingdom

I want to unblock my calendar for business people ... help required.   New lockdown has seen my calendar blocked !!!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It’s seen everyone’s calendar blocked @Sandra4109  Have you called Airbnb about it? 

@Nick  can Airbnb explain why they have blocked the calendars of UK hosts who can still accept bookings for quite a few groups including those travelling for work and moving home.

Emma-and-Mark0
Level 5
York, United Kingdom

Same here. We're in England and have had two bookings for November (despite being in lockdown) from people who are travelling for work purposes (which are legally allowed). Although we won't be busy in November the odd bookings we may get are extremely valuable to us.

We've a guest due to arrive tomorrow and I'm now worried that Airbnb may cancel their booking.

What's strange is that our calendar doesn't look blocked but we don't appear in any searches.

Emma-and-Mark0
Level 5
York, United Kingdom

I've been on a chat conversation with Airbnb for a while now. They've blocked calendars as they believe we aren't allowed to have any bookings in November. I'm trying hard to convince them otherwise. Can other people try as well.

Aimie27
Level 1
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom

Any update on this? I have a current guest - working locally - who wants to extend stay but can’t due to blocked calendar. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Catherine-PowellThe only reason I am not listed on booking.com is that I cannot access a computer at present and my phone is too old/small to cope.

why are Airbnb enforcing rules that do not exist in England let alone Scotland, Wales etc?

someone really needs to get a grip

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Interestingly when I search in my area Airbnb do provide me with some alternatives which I suspect are from companies like cottages.com who use Airbnb.

So rules are not applied consistently to all.