Calendar changing by itself

Polly16
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

Calendar changing by itself

I used the airbnb app on my smarphone to change the amenities and the pricing. But after I set the new min smart price, the availablity changed from three months to six months. I am sure I did not change and it happened to me two times. 

I changed the amenities through the app as well but when I viewed that on-line, the ameninites available were not what I have updated. 

There should be a bug on the app and the technical staff needs to fix it. 

I have a guest booked my room in late June to July which I did not expect to accept reservations for more than three months later. Besides, it is during the Canada Day which I would set a higher price but the price they booked were too low as it was set by smart pricing. I want to cancel this reservation but if I cancel that it will generate a negative review on my listing and affect my cancellation rate. Please help.

1 Reply 1
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Polly16 There are SO many bugs and outright deficiencies in the phone app that I always *strongly* urge everyone NOT to use the phone app to "manipulate" their listings. Use the phone app ONLY to check your calendar and your messages, and to respond to messages.

Never, ever, change any settings from within the app. It is essentially incompatible with the web site. In fact, it is so incompatible, that the mere act of *looking* at some settings (not even modifying them!) can in some cases, result in errors on the full web site. That may sound unbelievable, but it's not. I have more than one outstanding bug on file with AirBnB docmenting just that behavior. (If you'd like me to go into detail that you could reproduce yourself, just ask.)