Calendar problems

Answered!
Lucinda-Beaumont0
Level 2
Riding Mill, United Kingdom

Calendar problems

I think I am a victim of this really annoying calendar problem that seems to be happening whereby dates which I have blocked randomly become unblocked. VERY frustrating, although I keep an eye on this every day to catch them when it happens. However, even more annoyingly, I have just noticed that the system is allowing potential guests to book any time in advance when I clearly state I would only like 6 months in advance. The setting looks correct but the dates still haven't blocked out. I don't know what else I can do to fix this! Please help!

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lucinda-Beaumont0  How annoying and frustrating for you.  You should be able to trust that the platform is working.  Sure, every once in a while any platform will glitch, but if you have to sit on it daily, Air BNB needs to be notified.  The community guide on this site has several options for contacting Air BNB, I like to use Twitter for technical issues.

View Best Answer in original post

73 Replies 73
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lucinda-Beaumont0  How annoying and frustrating for you.  You should be able to trust that the platform is working.  Sure, every once in a while any platform will glitch, but if you have to sit on it daily, Air BNB needs to be notified.  The community guide on this site has several options for contacting Air BNB, I like to use Twitter for technical issues.

I have been experiencing the same problem. Dates that I have blocked randomly become unblocked. I then get inquiries that I have to deny. Is my only option to contact ABB via twitter?

It is not your only option, @Michael690. You can phone, but that tends to take longer. Google "contact airbnb united states" to get the number for your country. Really though, Twitter is your best option, and that's why @Linda108 has given that advice. If you do not have an account, it is worth setting one up even just for this. It's free, and your problem is one that needs to get solved.

is six days im tryng to call but no people respons my question

William185
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

Exactly the same issue - four times now, the first I accepted that I may have been the culprit. The booking was instant and I had to cancel. The second time, same issue, instant booking, this time I received a penalty for two cancellations. Twice in the last four days, three and four days in June came to be unblocked, this after diligent checking my calendar. I've had to remove instant booking to avoid more penalties. This random unblocking and unblocking is a problem as found on this community website. I see the various means of contacting Airbnb and do have one response pending from them. The instant chat has so far taken about 10 days so not so instant. Let's keep pushing.

Bill

I have the same problem and somebody booked during my used to be 'blocked' dates. I do not want to pay penalties, have you tried to to ask for a penalties refund?

Thank You

I have now 'unlisted' my property so this error can't happen again...   I could only get a response from Airbnb by posting my issue on their Face Book site.  They have since emailed me directly to assist.  I have also mentioned that a cancellation fee was waived this time because its the first cancellation I have had, but that I was concerned that it could occur again and that I would be penalised. 

Having problems with importing calendar from Homeaway.  Unable to paste the link.  When I type in the link, it will not accept it.  

Looks like a great way to make extra money for Airbnb by penalizing customers for problems they created.

I have the same problem!  Very annoying to see dates unblocked.  Even worse, special event pricing goes back to regular price.  Ugh!!!!

I have the same problem also, the blocked status change to unblocked. Is this a technical problem? 

Hi Annie - yes, I fought with the problem for weeks until I finally got some help from a very nice person at AirBnb. Your problem sounds like my issue - the solution that I finally got from a very nice person at AirBnb was in the availability menu, as I recall. There is a box where you select either three months or all future dates. If you have selected the three month option, every day three months hence from 'today' is automatically unblocked. Selecting all future dates fixes the problem. I don't know why AirBnb doesn't publicize this more.

Bill Reinhart

Yes, we have the same problem. Thank you very much William! :))

br, 

Annie

I have, I think, the opposite problem.

Airbnb books some dates which nobody booked, and on Booking.com it says: "Imported from Airbnb.com" which is not true.

So, no reservation, but the dates are blocked.

It's not the first time that's happening and I have to check that every once in a while during the day.

And it's so time consuming...

Also, the sync option is very bad, sometimes not working at all, and I'm always afraid of double bookings that may happen.

This is so..boring

I am having the same problem and getting threatening emails from Airbnb.