Calendar showing blocked dates as available

Denise1145
Level 3
Whangārei, New Zealand

Calendar showing blocked dates as available

Good evening,

I am wondering why my listing's calendar shows blocked dates as no different to available dates (to guests).  The dates that have bookings are clearly unavailable, but the other dates all look they are free game.  The past couple of weeks I have been having requests to change booking dates (as we are in lockdown!) and it has become apparent to me that dates I have blocked look like they are available to the guests.  It is embarrasing and tiresome to have to continually say 'sorry, that date is unavailable'.

Any ideas how to rectify this?

Cheers,

Denise

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Denise1145 Did you click the 'save' button after you blocked the dates? 

Denise1145
Level 3
Whangārei, New Zealand

@Mike-And-Jane0 yes, these show as blocked on my calendar.  Most blocked dates are automatically generated by Airbnb, as I set my bookings to automatically create 'preparation' days - one before and one after each booking.  Some are of course dates I have blocked out for personal commitments etc.

@Mike-And-Jane0  Actually I've just gone and had another look, comparing my calendar to what the 'preview' is (what I presume is how guests see it) and it seems it is variable as to how my blocked dates are showing up - sometimes they are a grey (available dates are black), and sometimes they are crossed out light grey (like the booked nights show).  So I'm not sure why the difference, and I can understand the confusion on my guests' behalf.

I would have hoped that all my booked and blocked dates would look the same to the guests.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Denise1145 Do you have restrictions on check in days? These might cause some dates to show differently (ie can't check in) but are available to stay.

@Mike-And-Jane0 No I don't (didn't know that was an option!)