Calendar starting on Monday and not Sunday?

Adam231
Level 4
Copenhagen, Denmark

Calendar starting on Monday and not Sunday?

Is it possible to change the calendar on AirBnB to show the week starting with Monday rather than Sunday?

Thanks

Adam

58 Replies 58
Dick10
Level 4
Burbank, CA

And, Tanya, that was very clever little trick. Thanks.

Serge69
Level 5
Tilburg, Netherlands

It's not getting done because AirBnB product managers consider the issue not important enough to invest their resources in. They know we will not stop using Airbnb because of this so they just don't care. 

Tonci3
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

Hi everyone, I think it is possible to change this, as I found out just now. 

Just change the language settings to English(United Kingdom) and it will probably change to week starts on Monday

Dick10
Level 4
Burbank, CA

Yes. Tania noted this a few comments ago. 

Haley95
Level 1
Asheville, NC

I had the week starting on Monday’s which was confusing for me and how all my other calendars work. I use an iPhone 10. I logged into settings>language and region and changed it from English to English (US) and I also changed the auto setting from Antarctica to United States. Once I finished that I logged back into Airbnb and the calendar matches all my other calendars now. I’m pretty sure if you wanted Monday’s to be your start date you can change those settings to reflect what your personal preference is. 

Dick10
Level 4
Burbank, CA

Why were you in British and Antarctica if you live in NC?
why wouldn’t you want the week to start on a Monday since Saturday and Sunday are the weekend?

Safiye-Ayhan--Sophia-0
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Hi guys. I know it is old story but I have no ide if someone told the soluyion, all I see is arguments. I just changed my language from English USA to English UK and now week day is starting from Monday like it should be.

Cheers...

Šarka0
Level 6
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Hi!

I have the solution, it came with the extra languages that the site is in now 🙂

For the calendar starting with Sunday, use airbnb.COM

For the calendar starting with Monday, use airbnb.CO.UK or any European country ending (.de, .si, .cz...)

Check the ending of your country, if the site is available in your language too.

You can also still change the language and currency in the dropdown menu of your profile, but sometimes it still doesn't change the country ending in URL.

Hope this works for you as it works for me!

P.S.: I did notice that Promotions tag button does not show the same in different country pages (eg. it shows on .com, but not on .co.uk, or vice versa), so make sure to change the ending from time to time if you want to set a promotion tag, but don't have the option 🙂

Meagan-and-Matt0
Level 2
Yucca Valley, CA

YES!!!! It's not a matter of opinion, it's not open to discussion, Monday is the first day of the week! It just is!!  The WeekEND is Sat & Sun, meaning the weekSTART is Monday. 

I'm not religious but even the bible says: "Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work; but the seventh day is a sabbath", the seventh day meaning Sunday, thus Monday is the 1st.

Generally most airbnb hosts have the weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) priced higher than weekdays. I (and it seems many others) want to see Sat & Sun side by side to make viewing the calendar easier. 

@Meagan-and-Matt0  Actually the day of rest wasn't Sunday, but Saturday. 

Well, like I said, I'm not religious, but I welcome the correction, thank you.  But these days, I think that most people will agree that the "day of rest" in the US at least, is regarded as being Sunday. Thats when businesses close, people go to church etc. Then the week starts again.. on Monday. 

Regardless.. I have since figured out a way of making the calendar on the site and the app both start on a Monday. I feel happy!

Mihkel7
Level 1
Tallinn, Estonia

seems to work when switching region from the top bar

Keri98
Level 2
SF, CA

I scrolled to the end and this had become a weird religious conversation. Can we just change the week start to Monday? Or give an option like every other calendar app. Thank you 

Pierre1671
Level 3
Lake Elsinore, CA

Please AirBnB, if you do business around the world, add a 24 hour option, a week starting with Monday, a NORMAL date with dd/mm/yyyy format, and get rid of any other unwordly and navel gazin restrictions I still have to find out about.