Calendar starting on Monday and not Sunday?

Adam231
Level 4
Copenhagen, Denmark

Calendar starting on Monday and not Sunday?

Is it possible to change the calendar on AirBnB to show the week starting with Monday rather than Sunday?

Thanks

Adam

58 Replies 58
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hi @Adam231.  I don't know why you would want that change, but your best bet for making a suggestion such as this is to post in Host Voice.  If enough hosts agree with your suggestion, then the idea is sent to the Air BNB team.  This is a host forum for solving problems and/or providing support to hosts.  Good luck

Because everywhere in the world outside of the USA week starts on Monday 🙂

Check any definition in the USA. Weekend is Friday night until Monday morning. Period.

Except Airbnb.

You are so correct. Sunday should be a premium night and is the last day of the weekend....

period...

Well, yes, except for Jews and Muslims, and those are many countries. But in the Western world, yes.

The USA LOVES to be different, with its very own temperature scale nobody uses. By writing their very own version of English no other country uses. By measuring with human body parts as in the time we lived in caves. With its very own calendar format, putting the month before the day. WHAT??!! Going up one flight of stairs brings you to the first floor, but not in the USA, where it brings you to the second floor.

It's the mentality, and I am generalising, but many USA'ers (Mexicans and Brazilians are also Americans, as America is a continent and not a country) think the world lives with the USA and revolves around the USA, instead of realising the USA is just one of the many countries on our planet.

Hi Linda,  seeing a calendar starting on Sunday outside of the United States is the same for us as seeing a calendar starting on Monday in the United States is for you. It is odd. There  has to be an option. Having it just one way is lets say... not smart. 

I FOUND THE SOLUTION for browsers, and for English speakers.

While on your hosting account (not in the travelers account), click on your profile picture in the top right corner, then click on the 5th option from the drop down menu, and change the language to New Zealand English.

Badabing badaboom, done!

Yep - same for if you change it to UK English - thanks Pierre - easy solution for English speakers.

SJ Sheff
Dana286
Level 2
Michigan, United States

Thank you for the solution and write up on crazy Americans/USA! I am American but the calendar and everything else you mentioned makes me nuts! I would make my own calendars as a child that started on Monday (before I knew the rest of the world did it that way) just made better sense! And we learned the metric system in school 50 years ago and USA still doesn't use it 😞 

thank you! 

TY 😄

4d7.png

Shala15
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

On what page in hosting Pierre? I can't find this route as you describe 

I've just changed phones... I had it starting on Monday before.. now it's Sunday... That's going to be a problem 😕

Hope you can help

Thx

C-Y0
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

oh no! Airbnb suddenly removed "New Zealand" from its language selection. Now my calendar start with Sunday  again  😞

Maëva-and-Mo0
Level 1
Zaandam, Netherlands

Hello, please give a solution. Thanks