Calendar starting on Monday and not Sunday?

Adam231
Level 4
Copenhagen, Denmark

Calendar starting on Monday and not Sunday?

Is it possible to change the calendar on AirBnB to show the week starting with Monday rather than Sunday?

Thanks

Adam

58 Replies 58
Beat15
Level 2
Bern, Switzerland

Because of this and when in a hurry, I have accidentally made bookings on the wrong dates before. If it wouldn't be for some hosts messaging things like "see you on Friday" (instead of Saturday), I wouldn't have noticed. Very annoying.

Same here, I just made a booking, thinking about Saturday to Sunday night, just by looking at the calendar as it was organized by weeks, which in the end turned out to be a Friday to Saturday night booking. So  an option for choosing which type of week start you prefer seems like mandatory to prevent this kind of confusions.

Now I have to wait when the host will aprove my date change, while this other date can be booked by someone else.

Philippa--Pip-0
Level 1
Taupo, New Zealand

I have a  Samsung and the calendar starts Sunday, but my partner has an Apple and calendar is starting on Monday.. would love to have the week starting on a Monday since I do most of the organising and then wouldn't have to double/triple check days of the week all the time!

You can change the Samsung or Google calendar to start on Mon.

Michalis12
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Airbnb Hello, please can you make this possible? 

Lucia618
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

+1, Monday first day of the week please Airbnb

Any argument that the week doesn’t begin on Monday for our guests is untenable. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nites make up the weekend. Period. To argue otherwise is laughable.

Tracy348
Level 1
Hamilton, Canada

I don't care what you 'count' as the weekend - but having the display show Monday->Sunday is wrong - and got me screwed on my last trip - as NO other booking site uses Monday->Sunday in North America.  If the coders at AirBnB can't handle making it region based, or a user option, maybe they should hire someone that can.

When booking the Calendar should show the standard calendar setup for the user.  Horrible UX.

No you’re wrong Tracy.  It doesn’t matter what booking sites do in Canada and the USA(Mexico starts the week on Monday btw) with regards to what day starts the week in the air b nb calendar view.   If air b n b and the sharing economy has showed us anything this decade it is to rethink what is best for the consumer and seller.  

Clearly hosting visiting guests in empty rooms of one’s home for money is best for millions of hosts(sellers) in North America.  I and nearly all those air b n b host comments above want the air b n b week to start on Monday or at least give us hosts the option to do so.   My expectation is that the vast majority of air b n b hosts and guests would agree with our start the week on Monday stance as well.  

Nearly all other nations of the world except the USA, Canada and Japan start the week on mondays in their calendars.   Air b n b has been and will continue to be an agent of change.  Starting air b n b calendar weeks on Mondays instead of Sundays would be just another change for the better air b n b has brought to the world of lodging.   

The historical excuses for the week starting on Sunday go back to ancient Egyptian, Roman, Hebrew and Christian ideas....that had and have no real purpose.  It’s time to break free from old, illlogical practices that nearly all Americans do not practice.  Sunday is considered and used by nearly all of us as the last day and conclusion of the week.   Let Monday be the start of the air b n b week in our hosting calendars or give us the option to do so.  

Tracy348, ever been outside of North America? North America does not equal the world. In most of the world the week is Monday-Sunday. Your attitude is, at best, ignorant. The UI needs to be configurable to reflect the standards used in the individual country. Period.
Velin0
Level 2
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

It is pointless having a discussion on when on when calendar should start. This MUST be an option as in any other app and any other calendar.  Please remember that Airbnb is not only used within the USA. Today I had an unpleasant situation with a guest  because of this. 

Please add the option, hosts and guests need it. 

Dick10
Level 4
Burbank, CA

Sunday night is end of week in USA. Any other position is just someone trying to defend the indefensible and being obstinate.

The weekend ends Sunday night; the work week begins Monday morning. Unarguable.

I also prefer the calendar week to start on a Monday, even though I’m not based in the USA. Such arrogance though, **bleep**, doesn’t help to strengthen your argument. Many folks outside the USA just aren’t used to the calendar being set up in this way. 

Tony509
Level 2
St Andrews, United Kingdom

Air b n b needs to allow the user to set which date the week starts, not set it as their choice.