Calendar starting on Monday and not Sunday?

Adam231
Level 4
Copenhagen, Denmark

Calendar starting on Monday and not Sunday?

Is it possible to change the calendar on AirBnB to show the week starting with Monday rather than Sunday?

Thanks

Adam

58 Replies 58
Petko4
Level 1
Frankfurt, Germany

I also find it irritating that the calendar starts from Sunday. Intuitively, when I wanna check the weekends, I instinctively look to the right side. As many people in this discussion already pointed out, AirBnb is a platform with extensive international usage, so this should be customisable for hosts, in order to avoid unpleasant mixups. And it's a pretty standard thing, for Pete's sake!

Corentin25
Level 1
Rennes, France

+1 option to have monday as first day of week

Dick10
Level 4
Burbank, CA

Note there are only supporting votes for Monday and no votes for Sunday from hosts. 

Its a vote for   custom user setting. Based on their Regional settings or preference.

Sybrandus0
Level 1
Rosendal, South Africa

Please give us the option to start the week on Monday. It's confusing, especially as when one has to juggle multiple calendars that start on different week days. Other calendars have the option to start the week on Saturday, Sunday or Monday (taking into account Muslim, Jewish, Christian and others' definition of week).

Monday is the first day of the work week.

Saturday and Sunday are the weekend.

Anything else is someone trying to defend  the indefensible.  There is no logic to any other position. I think someone at Airb&b just refuses to admit a mistake.

Anna2417
Level 2
Zug, Switzerland

+1 for the option to start the week on Monday

Eugene110
Level 1
Kiev, Ukraine

+1 for the option to start the week on Monday

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Everyone here advocating for the calendar to start on Monday or Sunday might as well be advocating for it to start on Wednesday. It's missing the point of an international site, which should be customizable for both hosts and guests depending on how they are used to viewing a calendar so as not to be confused. So just like the option to change the curency displayed, there could as easily be an option to change the calendar layout according to a user's preference, be they host or guest, wherever in the world.

Naida0
Level 2
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi,

I too have problems with week being displayed as Sun-Sat.
Have we come any closer to solving this issue?

Cheers, N.

Aki42
Level 1
Taiwan

There should just be a simple setting to adjust the calendar. Any professional calendar these days has an option to select the first day of the week as the user sees best fitting his own purposes, except Airbnb.

For mobile users: On Android, go to your phone settings and set your area to something else than US. 

In my phone: Settings - System - Languages and input - Languages, I changed the language to English (United Kingdom). 

This changes the week to start on Monday. 

I did that on both my iPhone and my computer, and it worked for a few months. I just realized today that the calendar on both is back to having Sunday as the first day of the week, even though the display language is Spanish on my computer and my phone is set to Spanish. 

Top Tanja189, it works. My new phone was with spanish (United States) language, and i changed it to spanish (Spain)

Dick10
Level 4
Burbank, CA

Maybe some day the AirBnB management and get mature enough to admit they are wrong on this issue.