Can ABNB change a guest's review when they admit making a mistake?

Ori6
Level 3
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Can ABNB change a guest's review when they admit making a mistake?

Hey everyone!
This topic have been discussed quite a lot, but I've read mixed answers, so it would be great to get a qualified answer regarding the following situation:

a guest gave ratings of 5 stars in all categories, but in the Overall - he gave 4 starts.
The guest ADMITS (to me privately) being wrong and choosing 4 instead of 5 because of he was distracted. 

In this case - can airbnb call or email him, in order to change the rating?
This happened quite a long time ago. but seeing this review causing my overall rating to reduce, frustrates me 🙂

What can be done?

Thanks!
Ori

Ori6_0-1636914973019.png

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ori6 simple answer is NO. The guest could ask that his review is removed but that is probably not good in this case and even then the star rating might stay.

Thanks for the answer 🙂

Good to know!

@Ori6  You might never know whether it was genuinely a "mistake," because that's exactly the thing most people say when they're put on the spot about an imperfect rating. Anyway, Airbnb doesn't offer people the chance to amend ratings after reviews are published, so this one is probably a lost cause. If it's any consolation, the ratings on your listings are about the highest anyone can realistically sustain anyway, and nothing about that review would deter a prospective guest from staying.

Ori6
Level 3
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Thanks for the answer Andrew 😌

I know the guest personally as he is a friend of a friend who was visiting my country, and he even asked me (at the time) if I can ask ABNB to change the rating... 

In other words, it is possible he was put on the spot by the question, but I'm 99% sure that is was a genuine mistake.

In any case, what's done is done I guess 🙂

I know my rating is great but is that little perfectionist in me that is frustrated hehe.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I feel for you @Ori6, that’s frustrating as all get-out, but people tend to give that answer when confronted and truthfully it should be added to that famous list of lies beginning “The check is in the mail.”

Ori6
Level 3
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Hehe, perhaps... But as I wrote the the answer above, I know the person and it really was a mistake. 

Better luck next time I guess 😁