Can I Create More Than 1 Airbnb Hosting Profile?

Megan-Jayne0
Level 1
Adelaide, AU

Can I Create More Than 1 Airbnb Hosting Profile?

Hello Fellow Hosts 🙂 

I have spent the last 3 years living between my home town of Adelaide, South Australia, and Bali, Indonesia. 

I have been helping some of my friends in Bali who have Villa's, by listing their property on my profile as they don't speak a lot of English, and write even less, and are too shy to communicate with English speaking guests online. I communicate with guests but my friends do everything else on their end. I do not keep the payment, I forward that to them as they need it more than I do.

My question is, I would like to set up a separate profile and list the Bali Villa's on there so they are separate to my personal listing in Australia. This is particularly important for tax reasons, as I am not earning the full income that is being reported from my Airbnb profile. 

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank-you in advanced for any advice.

Megan 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No you cant set up a second profile. @Megan-Jayne0                                               

Why aren’t you setting up the listings under your clients profile so the ratings and reviews are under their names.  This is the fairest way to do this for your clients as it means they have the flexibility to then manage the listing themselves or have someone else co-host  should they want.

you are still listed as co-host so people know what you do

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Well, it all depends.. 

If you're a bog-standard regular host with only 1 or 2 listings, grafting your arse off to try and stay in the game - the answer is that while it is technically possible to set up more than one profile at a time, if you get reported/caught, Airbnb will bounce you off the platform in the blink of an eye. Permanently. 

However, if you're what Airbnb classes as a "Pro" or commercial partner - a somewhat protected class in the Airbnb ecosphere - you can apparently have as many profiles (real or fake), accounts (real or fake), and listings (real or fake), as your heart desires.

As an added bonus - if you're really naughty - you can optimise your dozens of profiles by using them to leave hundreds of glowing 5 star reviews for your own listings (a very handy feature for burying all the authentic sh*tty reviews that real guests may have left), thereby giving you a massive advantage over the small, local independent plebs, trying to scrape an honest living. How cool is that?? 

Now, while Airbnb will repeatedly insist that they have "zero tolerance" for "bad actors" engaging in such "fraudulent acts", and that transgressors may be "removed  from the platform" for any such skullduggery, evidence exists to suggest that may not always be quite  the full story, in certain instances, at least...