Can I be kicked out?

Michael1824
Level 2
Dawsonville, GA

Can I be kicked out?

If I accidentaly break something, can the Host kick me out?

6 Replies 6

Well @Michael1824 if everything goes wrong, yes the Host can. Any host can kick any guest if they don't feel safe for exemple.

BUT that's extremly rare. If you broke something just tell the guest so and try to be nice and polite... and sorry. Most probably, if it's something of value, the host will charge you the price of the broken thing (everything will go with Airbnb, do not pay by cash). If you broke something so-so and you speak with the host it even can end without having to pay anything.

There are too many things to take into account to give you a proper answer.

You broke a car? A door? a vase?

The host is a lunatic? S/he is nice? You can speak with him/her anytime?

Good luck!

@Michael1824

I could give a general answer ....

If a guest has an accident they should report it to the host. The host may well charge the guest for the breakage/damage, and the guest should offer to compensate the host, unless they believe the accident was caused by the host in some way....i.e. something unsafe in the property. 

Guests are not generally "thrown out" for an accident ...but of course it can all depend on what the "accident " is

...if you accidentally overflow the bath and flood the whole bathroom..then that is a different scenario to accidentally knocking a flower vase over  ...there are "accidents" and there is "careless damage" 

Guests are generally asked to leave if criminal damage has taken place  i.e. it was no accident.

So..in answer to your question...it really ....depends 

Michael1824
Level 2
Dawsonville, GA

I am talking more along the lines of you are washing a cup, it slips out of your hands and breaks. You sit on the corner of a bed and it breaks. Things that are completely accidental.

@Michael1824, well then normally you can be safe, if you broke a cup just say so to the host and it will be pretty rare if s/he asks for money as those things happens.

Normaly if it's an accident the host can ask for money for the broken thing (as your example a bed is more expensieve than a cup). But you should be worried of being kicked. Accidents happen all the time.

@Michael1824

Oh..well for genuine accidents like that..no..dont worry....If I threw out guests every time they broke a wine glass I wouldnt have any guests left..thankfully I have spare boxes of wine glasses though !! 

Generally hosts like to be told that something has broken...mainly so they can get whatever it is replaced... or they can take some action in case another guest is due to arrive in a short time. 

But in terms of being thrown out...no..

Russell49
Level 10
Katoomba, Australia

A host CAN kick you out for whatever they deem unacceptable. Something tells me this isn't a simple coffee cup that was broken otherwise there wouldn't be a topic about this.