Can I cancel my reservation?

Emily218
Level 1
Kansas City, MO

Can I cancel my reservation?

I requested to book a room, and the request was accepted. After he accepted the request I realized it was a shared room (I thought it was  a private room when I originally made the reservation). I haven't submitted the payment yet, and I'm wondering if I can cancel the reservation without having to pay for it. 

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Emily218  It sounds like you sent an inquiry about the room and the host pre-approved your inquiry.  You just don't accept the pre-approval and that will expire in a day.  You don't have to cancel if you are not booked, which is what I understand because you have't paid, right?  Just message the host that you misunderstood the listing and do not want to share a room so you will not be booking the reservation after all.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You can not book without paying.

David
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Emily218,

Just as an FYI, even if you had booked, as long as the listing's cancellation policy is "flexible" or "moderate", you can still cancel and get all your money back, as long as it is within the respective time frame (more than 24 hours before the reservation for flexible, and more than 5 days with moderate).

Rudolf16
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

I have a different problem. I received a request but the guest didn't want to upgrade because the single room wasn't available anymore. Instead of her cancelling I made the cancellation and now Air BNB wants to suspend my account. What is up with that?

Rudy

@Rudolf16 browse the ABB FAQ and this forum. If you cancel the reservation by yourself you will be punished with blocked days, 50-100$ fee, automated review and will not be eligible for super host status for a year.

If canclation is needed then your guest has to cancel or you should contact ABB , explain the situation and let them cancel.

Thank you. 

I wasn't awar eof this and now that I do have my first booking I'm afraid that I won't get paid either. 

Rudy