Can I change a guests cancellation policy after they have booked?

Can I change a guests cancellation policy after they have booked?

A guest needs to change or cancel their booking.  I had a strict cancellation policy when they booked a month ago.  I now have a firm one.  If my guests changes their reservation, will the strict policy stay in affect or will it change to my current one?  I want it to change to my current one since their reservation will be the summer of 2022 and I will have no trouble renting to someone else.  Does anyone know how this works or have any advice to give?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Joy1185 

If you (as a host) perform the change, the current cancellation policy will be applied (according the link below)

It also gives you the option keep same price or to amend the calculated price in the change form (in case your rates  or discounts are changed)

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/50/as-a-host-how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation

@Joy1185  You can't retroactively change the cancellation policy, but you can always make exceptions to the policy at your discretion. If the guests decide to cancel, you can use the Resolutions tool to issue an additional refund after the cancellation has been completed.