Can I list my timeshare condo ?

Answered!

Can I list my timeshare condo ?

Hi,

I have a few timeshare condos in Hawaii and Marbella.  I couldn't find rules against listing them, so I did.  Is it accepted by AirBnB?  How do you manage cancellation and reservation?

Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

@Carol70 

Absolutely.

Find out if your HOA allows it.

Mike from West Palm

View Best Answer in original post

36 Replies 36
Thomas386
Level 2
San Diego, CA

hi Angie403,

By an old school timeshare I meant a stand alone property where people own fixed weeks and there might not be any flexibility if a unit was out of service for  a night or two. 

Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying your Marriott. Can you use it to make a reservation at the Marriott Waiohai in Poipu, HI? If you can let me know. 

Sarah977,

I make it clear to my guests that they will be checking into a villa at a  professionally managed resort. They do not have have to take out the trash or do the towels but they do have to provide a credit card at check-in for incidentals (drinks at the pool with a little umbrella in it) or damage (including evidence of smoking).

Michael4417
Level 1
Corona, CA

I have five weeks available at Vidanta at all of their resorts but can't seem to find the correct listing. It's not a house, bnb, condo, or apartment. It's a group of five diamond resorts. Any suggestions on how I should list them. Thanks, Mike

Hi Michael, did you ever get a response on this? We  have 5 weeks at Vidanta as well to the various properties... I am getting ready to try Airbnb and use only one location to see how it goes.... we are new to this and I am super curious as to how payment and reservation work. I would imagine that we pay Vidanta Resort and provide the names of the guests to Vidanta for the reservation and then once the guests arrive they have to put the credit card on file for incidentals and then we would get paid through Airbnb payment setup... would love any advice you have or see if you found a different avenue for rental for this unique property format. Thanks!

I haven’t done it yet, but I think we will be listing our timeshare at each Vidanta location, as though we owned five apartments.  In fact, I think it will be most effective if we show that we own more than one at each location, as we have a three bedroom that can be broken up into several different configurations at different buildings. It’s going to take real attention to make it work.    

I also have weeks to list with Vidanta.  Did anyone figure out how to do this?

same, I have 10 weeks at Vidanta and trying to figure out how to list those as well...

Janell138
Level 1
California, United States

I just asked customer support at Airbnb that question and the answer is below.  It looks like there may be some YouTube videos on the subject too that I'm planning to watch:  

Per Community Expert:  "No, there is nothing special that applies to timeshares.  You can lists them and then open the dates that they are available."

Thank you very much!

Cheryl773
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

I just upgrades my timeshare in Vegas and plan to do this ASAP, per the timeshare management team further upgrade. I’m so excited. Thanks everyone!

Greg32
Level 2
St. Louis, MO

I am an Airbnb Hosts participating in the "Ask a Superhost" program. I can help folks get their listing on Airbnb and support them until they hosts their first guests. I'm actually working virtually with a time share owner today. Airbnb pays me to do this so it's free for you. I can't list a website here but I can share **. Visit the site to learn more about the "Ask a Superhost' program. 

**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines

@Greg32 Hilarious that you are paid by Airbnb and yet you are breaking Airbnb rules by advertising here!

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Greg32  And trying to circumvent policy by spelling out his website. 

Really poor behavior by someone who should know better.

I’m not sure. I’ve been tasked with spreading the Airbnb love. Folks here are looking for answers and I’m a non employee who’s was invited to the “Ask a Superhost” program. I wasn’t even sure if hosting a time share was allowed. My research brought me to this group. A lot of these folks would like to list their time share on Airbnb and  Airbnb wants me to bring more host to the platform. Helped a time share owner list their place today just offering help to those here who have asked for it. 

Can you help me rent my timeshare? I have a 2 bedroom lock-off ocean front view time share in Maui's Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort. The resort is gorgeous. I have never rented it out but this year I will not be using it. I can book whatever is available days at the Vistana website. The lock-off can sleep up to 8 people. It is a full amenities resort  and whoever stays there just need to pay me for the full  rent and their incidentals and room tax to the resort.  My timeshare usually costs over 1k USD per night but willing to go down so that it can be rented out this year. I can book up to 2 weeks with my available starpoints. There are enough website links to the resort available on the internet so anyone can see the travelers comments and photos of the resort if they are curious what the resort has to offer. 

Hi i am looking for help to list my time share resort. are you able to support me? i did look for a super host via Air BNb for support but could not find anyone who knows anything about using their time share as a rental...

please email me if so.

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]