Can I refuse guests at the door if they misled us?

Mark4009
Level 1
Bywong, Australia

Can I refuse guests at the door if they misled us?

Can a host refuse a guest on arrival if a booking is for 4 couples and one couple turn up with a child. Our bookings clearly states,  no children and no pets. We have nothing against kids but the house is old and has lots of antiques. Where does the host stand in this situation? Do we have the right if the guest lie on their booking? This recently happened and we have been guilted in allowing them stay because we don’t want to be seen as discriminating. The guest know they did the wrong thing but it is extremely stressful know a kid is running around the house. If we refused them when they arrived as they acknowledged they mislead us would AirB&B support the hosts for their decision? Cheers Mark 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you're listing says no children because of safety/other issues in your home then you have the right not to accept a child on check in.

of course this puts in you in a horrible no win situation .

all I can suggest is as part of your booking confirmation that you get the guests to confirm that they understand that only those on the listing will be admitted and they are confirming in line with your listing requirements no-one under 18 will be admitted .