Can I see a guests reviews before accepting their request?

Answered!
Dino19
Level 1
Gentry, AR

Can I see a guests reviews before accepting their request?

Is it possible for me to see a prospective guests previous reveiws before I accept their request?

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Of course, @Dino19. Just click on their picture to see their profile. If no reviews show up there, it means they don't have any yet. Everyone has to start somewhere, though.

Just a note that sometimes reviews don't show up if you are using the phone app. Hopefully that gets fixed, but just to be sure, check on a laptop or desktop.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Of course, @Dino19. Just click on their picture to see their profile. If no reviews show up there, it means they don't have any yet. Everyone has to start somewhere, though.

Just a note that sometimes reviews don't show up if you are using the phone app. Hopefully that gets fixed, but just to be sure, check on a laptop or desktop.

i click on the picture and don't see any reviews, yet it looks like they've used the service 4 times.

@Elizabeth322  How does it "look like they used the system 4 times before?"  Did they tell you they've used it that many times before or are you seeing something on their profile that indicates this?  If they have "4 Verifications" that just means they've given Airbnb 4 pieces of information to help "prove" they are who they say they are - it doesn't mean they've actually used the system to make a reservation or stay somewhere before.

Rick-and-Ann0
Level 1
Vero Beach, FL

Im confused because I read somewhere about a new policy to prevent discrimination that won't allow hosts to read reviews until after they accept a reservation. This is very unnerving to me. Does anyone have the details here

Chris395
Level 2
Clearwater, FL

I would like to see the reviews they have given to other hosts. I would like to decline or hide my listing from any guest who has given a bad (1-star, etc.) review to any other host.

@Chris395, I think I saw in the other thread that you found out about the AirReview browser add-on that helps you see the reviews that guests have written for the hosts, yes?