Can I set a minimum age requirement?

Answered!
Susan42
Level 2
Corvallis, OR

Can I set a minimum age requirement?

Before joining airbnb, I set my minimum age requirement for renting my vacation home at 25 (similar to car rental companies).   Can I do that with my listing and if so, would I stipulate it under house rules?

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about the minimum age requirements for a guest by reviewing this Airbnb Help Center article: Age requirements.

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

48 Replies 48
Lisa5864
Level 2
Glendale, AZ

I also need a minimum age requirement of 25 and it has nothing to do with whether or not I think someone at 23 would be a better guest. Our condo association requires renters to be 25 and they check ID at the gate. Another site i list on that does allow the minimum requirement and I’ll put it in my listing description but if somebody books and no one is 25, they will not be able to get a gate pass to the property. 

Beverly194
Level 1
Kentucky, United States

Is there an update to this question. We have a beach place and I don't feel comfortable renting to a group of 5 18 year olds.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I raised concerns with Airbnb over their 18 y/o policy because according to state statute in some cases an 18 y/o is not considered an 'adult' where I live and I definitely dont want to be in a situation I am letting minors stay..

This is response I got from Airbnb support:

"Please be sure to implement that you require ID to be sent on the platform in your house rules and well as 21+ being the age requirement."

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about the minimum age requirements for a guest by reviewing this Airbnb Help Center article: Age requirements.

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines