Can a Guest book on behalf of a Third Party

Answered!

Can a Guest book on behalf of a Third Party

Can a person who is registered as a Guest, in the same country do a reservation on behalf of a friend in a diferrent country and once accepted as a guest,effect payment and get the friend to come and occupy  the place.Will Airbnb accept the responsibility for such third persons. 

1 Best Answer

Correct Reply.It was also my view that we should not accept Third party bookings.I have turned down 2 such requests.It may be a ruse to get details of the Air Bnb host and then arrange to get his clients bypassing AirBnb 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@Karu0   Airbnb will NOT accept responsibility for such bookings.  You should NEVER accept third party bookings.

Correct Reply.It was also my view that we should not accept Third party bookings.I have turned down 2 such requests.It may be a ruse to get details of the Air Bnb host and then arrange to get his clients bypassing AirBnb 

James704
Level 2
Balearic Islands, Spain

I hosted someone's parents only last week, but was uncomfortable doing so, because they could have been anyone,  really. I feel there is too much pressure on (super) hosts not to decline bookings, for fear of losing their rating or finding their calendars blocked subsequently. 

Surely it must be possible to ask some qualifying questions in such cases? Without fear of penalty for declining in such cases. 

Kim1027
Level 1
Tilstock, United Kingdom

An Airbnb customer has made a reservation with me this week on behalf of a non Airbnb guest should I cancel the booking?  I have never had this happen before,

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Kim1027 yes but you should call Airbnb and have them cancel penalty free since that is against their policy. 

I recently had a guest, whom I referred to as Sasho, as the booking came through under that name.  It was not until the evening that 'Sasho' wrote that his name was Mieko.  As he was from Bulgaria, conversation was very limited!!  Mieko was a lovely chap, who is welcome back anytime.....however I think that there should be something in place from Airbnb to address any uncertainties -  perhaps an additional question on the booking to confirm that the booking is on behalf of another person??

Your advice/response would be appreciated.

Patricia Metcalf