Can a guest leave a bad review after he cancelled?

Agnese51
Level 1
Sigulda, Latvia

Can a guest leave a bad review after he cancelled?

Hi. I have a situation where guests asked for the same day check-in, came at the check-in time, went inside, then called and said that they really like the apartment, that its clean, bright, everything is okay, but they don`t like the building? Our building is 40year old 3 story building, all city is full of apartment houses like ours. They said they wanna stay at more historical site. We are located in the center of the city, next to us is river valley, 5min walk is a castle, which was build in 1207. They want as to help to refund them, but we really don`t feel like refunding, when we are not guilty of the surroundings. Can they still leave a bad review, if they checked-in and hour later cancelled? We don`t actually do the same day reservations, but we came forward and accepted it. We did everything we could, but I am really worried they still gonna leave bad review, even if it wasnt our fault at all.

2 Replies 2
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Agnese51 yes they can badly review you.

will you feel better about the bad review if you at least make some money??

(oh, and abb might refund them anyway...)

@Agnese51    Yes they can leave a bad review and Airbnb will probably not delete it.  I would say no to a refund (but you could offer one if you can book the days,  up to you).   What you can do if they leave a bad review is to write a response saying that guests didn't stay because they had wanted to stay in a historical building and your building is a modern Scandinavian style apartment located near historical sites etc. That way you can sell your place to future guests, and future hosts will know that the guests didn't even bother to read the title of your listing  "Modern city center apartment".

You could also write a message to them reiterating why they left,  i.e. not historical building, that way if they do go full petty revenge on you,  you have their reason in writing, it may help you with getting the review deleted, and  if Airbnb are deciding to refund them in full because of made up complaints.