Can a guest pay weekly for a month's stay?

Answered!
Sally164
Level 2
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom

Can a guest pay weekly for a month's stay?

I host in Kent, UK. I've had a request for a one month booking (29 nights) - a man on business in the area. Guest wants to pay weekly which I'm happy about. How do I structure this?

*Title updated

1 Best Answer
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Sally164 AirBnB does not support weekly payments for long-term bookings. There are work arounds envolving blocking dates and gradually unblocking. but I think you have to consider if the guest is that short of funds that he cannot pay all of it upfront, do you really want to chance having someone in-residence who may be unable to pay. Also AirBnB accepts credit cards so if the person is credit worthy they could charge the whole thing and pay off the charge to the credit card company as they are able (subject to the terms of their credit agreement)

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Sally164 AirBnB does not support weekly payments for long-term bookings. There are work arounds envolving blocking dates and gradually unblocking. but I think you have to consider if the guest is that short of funds that he cannot pay all of it upfront, do you really want to chance having someone in-residence who may be unable to pay. Also AirBnB accepts credit cards so if the person is credit worthy they could charge the whole thing and pay off the charge to the credit card company as they are able (subject to the terms of their credit agreement)

Sally164
Level 2

Thanks Scott, appreciated.

I will go with the option of blocking dates. thanks regards Brian

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sally164,

As @Scott80 said, unfortunately the Airbnb system is not set up to allow weekly payments for longer stays. This Help Guide explains how payments for long-term stays work.

Just to let you know, I have moved your post here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion and it is easier to find. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you want to change it!

In case you're not sure how to start a new thread - this CC Tutorial gives a step by step guide to starting a conversation in the Community Centre.

Happy Hosting!

Kirstie

Sally164
Level 2

Thank you Kirstie and for the tutorial. I found this helpful.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Sally164

id like to echo @Scott80, he's hedging his bets, if business is good he’ll stay the month, if not he'll move on while you've denied someone else the privilege of staying at your accommodation.

He sounds like a smart Alex to me.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s Club Krakow III

The Explorer’s Club Krakow VIII

Sally164
Level 2

Thank you. A good point. I have taken all advice on board!

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Sally164 for taking time to respond and thank those that have helped you - it's good to hear that you're taking the advice on board and it's great to show our appreciation 🙂

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Kirstie