Can airbnb promote my deep discounted listing to help a guest leaving early get a full refund?

Can airbnb promote my deep discounted listing to help a guest leaving early get a full refund?

Hello, I have a roommate who is leaving after 2 months and would like his money back if I can find someone to replace him?  I have opened up another listing with a lower price than my other listings but so far no luck. I just get inquiries for other dates. 

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

This is rather confusing to me. So tried to get it straight:

- you have a guest for long stay, which wants to leave before end of reservation ?

- This guest wants money back when you can find somebody to occupy (and pay for) the remaining period ?

- You created a second listing for this purpose just to open the reserved calender dates ?

I think this is not common Airbnb procedures. BTW I also noticed there are NO listings at all mentioned in your profile. Best, Emiel

I should have five active listings.   Yes he went home today - he gave us about five hours notice and would like money back so I am trying to find a replacement for his room but in less than 24 hours with a deep discount, I still dont' have anyone booking. 

It's not up to you to find a replacement. He should simply cancel the booking and you can tell him that if you find a replacement you can then consider a partial refund. (Although you don't need to offer him anything)

The only exception would be if there was something about the listing such as no hot water which means if you can't fix it he would be able to cancel and get a refund.

There is no point setting up another listing. He just needs to unblock the dates on the current one by cancelling the booking.

I dont see my listings in the left hand sidebar either.  They were there yesterday when I was tweaking my profile. 

Thanks for pointing that out because airbnb removed all my listings and claim that it was because I needed to click on privacy settings and to ask you how you have multiple listings but you must not have any problems, correct? 

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

I see confusing or maybe I don't understand good luck