Can anyone please tell me why do i get the "special offer" sometimes and not always?

Answered!
Sussy0
Level 1
Fairfax, VA

Can anyone please tell me why do i get the "special offer" sometimes and not always?

When I get a "reservation request" the "special offer" bottom is not THERE all the time to modify the price, but why?? anyone knows why? thanks.

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Sussy0,

As you've noticed, the special offer facility is available only when a guest sends a reservation inquiry.

Airbnb's reasoning is that since a guest sending a reservation inquiry hasn't yet committed to booking, it may be useful to send a special offer of a lower price to entice them to book.

A guest who sends a reservation request has committed to booking at the advertised price so there's not the same need for an enticement.

If you wish to send a lower price to a guest who has sent a reservation request you can:

1) before you accept it, ask them to cancel the request and send an inquiry instead or

2) tell them that you'll accept the request and will straight away send a reservation change with the new lower amount. They'll have to accept that for it to take effect.

You can change the price of an accepted reservation request by finding the reservation in "your reservations" and clicking on "Change or cancel" and then on "Change reservation".

Steve

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Sussy0,

As you've noticed, the special offer facility is available only when a guest sends a reservation inquiry.

Airbnb's reasoning is that since a guest sending a reservation inquiry hasn't yet committed to booking, it may be useful to send a special offer of a lower price to entice them to book.

A guest who sends a reservation request has committed to booking at the advertised price so there's not the same need for an enticement.

If you wish to send a lower price to a guest who has sent a reservation request you can:

1) before you accept it, ask them to cancel the request and send an inquiry instead or

2) tell them that you'll accept the request and will straight away send a reservation change with the new lower amount. They'll have to accept that for it to take effect.

You can change the price of an accepted reservation request by finding the reservation in "your reservations" and clicking on "Change or cancel" and then on "Change reservation".

Steve