Can anyone tell me how to stop the AirBnB app from taking over?

David383
Level 2
Greenville, SC

Can anyone tell me how to stop the AirBnB app from taking over?

I have found that there are many things with AirBnB which work better on the website rather than on the app. However when I use the website on all mobile devices the app opens and replaces the website. This is aggravating and frustrating. Can anyone tell me how to avoid this? (I wouldn't care if it only happened once on each attempt, but it happens over and over.)

Thank you for any assistance on this matter.

Fran

7 Replies 7

I agree. I had set the price at a certain amount, turned smart pricing off, and the app still overrode me on price. Cost me HUNDREDS. Really really upset about this.

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

If you're using iOS you might try turning off "handoff": Settings -> General -> Handoff

A work around could be to go back to your browser and refresh the page.

Bob, I got so excited when I read your answer! But, alas, I have an ipad2 which does not execute handoff. It is not even on the menu even though I have updated to the most current version. Boo!

Thank you anyway!

I do go back to my browser and refresh, but the app pops up again. Thank you.

Chelsea45
Level 1
Napier, New Zealand

I can't help but I can second how annoying this is. If I have the app on my phone and instead I'm using the browser then there's a reason for it! If I wanted the app I would have used the app. Airbnb is a great service. But the actual app and website are crap. Ie terrible listing sort and filter options. They must make enough money to invest in some ue/ui research and development surely! 

Can't help you on that. I agree, though. It never fails but that the app opens without any indication from us that we would even want it.

VERY disturbing/frustrating!

Jim215
Level 1
Townsend, MA

Same problem here. Can't get anything done. 

If it keeps up, I am uninstalling the app.