Can bad guests without reviews open new accounts

Sofia89
Level 1
Helsinki, Finland

Can bad guests without reviews open new accounts

Hi,

I've had a couple of guests with new verified profiles that end up not following the house rules and being bad guests. These guests are the only ones I've had to leave bad reviews for so I'm wondering if they are opening new accounts every time they book and thus don't care about the reviews

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Sofia

It could be that they are opening new profiles, go through a friend or just don't care.

There are things you can do to minimise the risk of bad guest

What sort of checks do you carry out with your guests? Do you

1. Make sure each guest has a verified profile

2. Talk to each guest in advance of booking to understand their plans and why they chose your place to make sure there is a good fit

3. Make sure they have a full photo and completed profile

4. Have a deposit

5. Have comprehensive house rules

Bad guests tend to be put off from having these in place so it minimises your risk

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

They can open new account or use his friends accounts

You can do what @Helen3 suggested but... you will lose first-time bookers, guests without verified ID, instant bookers....

If you can book your place anyway than great, but if you will end up half empty every month and lose few hundreds or thousands $ then maybee it is better to risk and take anyone and then clean or repair if something is broken (of course if you don't live there)

It all depends of the area/town where you have your listing and what kind of guests it attracts. 

Hi @Branka-and-Silvia0

'You can do what @Helen suggested but... you will lose first-time bookers, guests without verified ID, instant bookers....'

Sorry but that's not actually true - about 60% of my guests are first-time bookers - so I certainly don't lose first time bookers by making sure I protect myself and my home by checking out guests before I accept a booking. If guest don't gave verified ID it only takes them a couple of minutes to upload a passport or driving licence. I have only had one guest who didn't want to do this.

Yes you will lose people who want to book through Instant Book - but as this is my home I want to make sure there is a good fit and I am comfortable with who stays with me, so am happy to accept this.

@Helen3  shure, but first time bookers are lost if the host requires recomendations from previous hosts. They will not be able to see such listing

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

If a;; you have as a guest or a host is a challenging review, then opening up a new account is the way to go.

David
Jan426
Level 1
Stamford, CT

I just had a guest who fulling understood no parties.

A school teacher from New Haven area

They had a party till 4 am inviting many people even though rules state no parties.

I am ready to pull off Air BNB as they were verified but I guess you are right unless someone have 3 good reviews I will not consider them.

This site needs to do more to protect the hosts!!!!!!~