Can guest modify dates after check in?

Answered!
Alessio280
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Can guest modify dates after check in?

Hi! I am have booked the apartment for 1 mont (ish) and due to personal circumstances I’d like to shorten the stay? Is it possible, will I get refund for the difference days? 

1 Best Answer
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Alessio280 

You can put in a change request to your host.  You will be subject to your hosts change/cancellation policy that you agreed to when you made your booking.  You should revisit your  confirmed reservation cancellation policy and then maybe contact your host.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Alessio280 

You can put in a change request to your host.  You will be subject to your hosts change/cancellation policy that you agreed to when you made your booking.  You should revisit your  confirmed reservation cancellation policy and then maybe contact your host.

In the reservation details it says:

"Cancel before 12:00 on 5 Nov and get a full refund for the nights that remain 24 hours after you cancel, minus the service and cleaning fees."

Doe it mean that the refund is regardless of what is the reason for cancellation, correct?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alessio280 yes it does - or at least it should

Alessio280
Level 2
Rome, Italy

@Mike-And-Jane0 @M199 the cancellation policy says "Full refund for the nights that remain 24 hours after you cancel, minus service and cleaning fees", does it mean that I can sleep the night that I cancel and move out the day after? 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alessio280 This is confusing. Is 5 Nov the end of your stay? If so then I think if you cancel then you have to move out at the point of cancellation. You will then pay for at least one (it might be 2) more night(s) before you get refunded for the remainder. 

I have to say you are being a bit unfair on the host as they will have zero notice to enable them to rebook but I guess they will learn their lesson and move to a stricter cancellation policy.

Thanks I spoke with the host and he understands my position and knows my need. Thanks for the reply

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Alessio280 You didn’t specify how long your  booking is.  If it’s a month or more, the long term cancellation policy over rides the hosts chosen policy. 

its 27 nights, thanks

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alessio280  No you cannot sleep the night that you cancel. If you cancel from the 5th onward, you have to check out at check out time on the 5th. The 4th would be your last night.

You are booking nights, not days. A booking for the 5th starts at check-in time on the 5th and ends at check-out time on the 6th.

Got it perfect thanks